Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Musings 2/8

Thank goodness it's a new week.  Last week was a bit rough, and I'm ready for a clean slate this week.  Last week wrapped up with Virgin America changing (both) my flight times for Tink, and now I have an early morning flight out instead of a late morning flight out.  I scheduled the late morning flight so I'd have time to drop Allie off at the vet hotel that morning before making my way to the airport.  Now I have to drop her off the evening before, which means I'm not going to sleep well.  It is too quiet, eerily quiet, when she's not in the apartment.  I don't like, and I don't sleep well.  I don't sleep well either if I fly out early, so two reasons why I'll sleep like crap.


Last week I did receive the rest of the birthday gifts I ordered, which consisted of my Raw Threads shirt and my new Oiselle bra.  I wore both on my run Wednesday to test them out, and they're both great!  The Raw Threads tank almost fits me like a glove, and the fabric is soft, and something I can picture myself wearing all 6.2 miles of Tink.  I'm glad about that because this is my first order with Raw Threads, and didn't know how things would fit.  I went with their Tank style and not a Racer because I felt the Racer would be too tight.  I'm slowly putting my outfit together to go with a pirate theme.  Captain Hook was my all time favorite Disney character when I was a kid, so I'm having fun with the theme.


I got back to regular Pure Barre on Sunday and the class mantra seemed to be "because it's super bowl Sunday..."  Um, what if you're not watching?  I went over to friends' where we watched Die Hard (because I hadn't seen it yet) and then the Puppy Bowl.  We did watch the halftime show, which I felt was very lame!  I don't listen to Cold Play, but that aside, there was nothing spectacular about it.  I'm now thinking of acts that could carry the super bowl halftime show by themselves, instead of needing many different artists.  I know the NFL wants bands to start paying to play at halftime, but I settled on Billy Joel as someone who could handle the show by himself.


I made it through week 3 of training, though I did feel tight in my 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I need to work on really loosening up in the mornings before my Saturday runs, and maybe get outside more.  I am trying to get outside, but it was chilly and misting a little bit this weekend when I walked to the fitness room.  I just got over one head cold, and I really don't want another one.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training

Wednesday: 2.25 miles

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: 30 minutes

Sunday: Pure Barre

24 comments:

  1. Bummer about your flight times getting changed. I've had that happen before and it's the most frustrating thing ever. I hope things go smoothly, despite the change in arrangements. Love that Captain Hook shirt! Completely agree with you on the halftime show yesterday, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do realize it means more time in the parks, but my plans for that day were thrown out the window with the times changes :-/

      Delete
  2. Cute tank! Tink is going to be a blast. I swear booking flights is so stressful. We're working on a spring break trip to CA and I'm trying to run a race in Carlsbad and so far I can't seem to get a flight. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Flights to San Diego are sold out? Crazy. I was stressing over Southwest not having good times, then Virgin America looks like a great option. It's still non-stop, which is what I wanted.

      Delete
  3. Oh I absolutely hate when the airlines change the flight time AFTER the flight has been booked! There is a reason I booked that flight at that time!!! But I guess like everything else, there is a legit reason for doing so! I totally get not wanting to be without Allie for the night. I feel the same way about my pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a reason why I booked both flights. Getting there so I could drop Allie off that morning, then a late morning pickup in Anaheim so the shuttle driver didn't have to deal with the half marathon clogging up the roads.

      Delete
  4. That's too bad about the flight time change, I've had that happen many times.
    But it would be even worse to have to adjust your pet drop off times around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie hates to be boarded too, so any extra day at the vet means I feel even more guilty. She really knows how to make me feel bad.

      Delete
  5. How exciting that you are running Tink! Are you wearing wings (everyone asked me that when I ran WDW)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I know the wings would drive me nuts. Since my favorite character growing up was Captain Hook, I knew I wanted any theme I did to be a pirate theme.

      Delete
  6. I hate how they change your flights once they are booked! So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The notification came on a really bad day for me too, so not the greatest of timing. Good thing I haven't booked Allie's boarding, or the shuttles.

      Delete
  7. That is so frustrating about your flight, just puts a money wrench in everything doesn't it? I love the shirt and the Captain Hook theme, what will you wear on the bottom, skirt, shorts?? I can't wait to hear how your race goes! I'm with you I was not impressed with the half time show either. Thanks Lesley for linking up with us, we appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing Running Skirts and I have a couple options in mind. I'll pack both so I can decide the night before.

      Delete
  8. Thats too bad your flight was changed, that stuff can be so annoying! And I agree that Billy Joel would do a great half time show:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I know who has seen him in concert rave about it. It's funny that I was thinking that driving home Sunday and my iPod hit a Billy Joel song.

      Delete
  9. I hate in when flights get changed and that was a major change from late to early morning. Tink is such a fun race weekend and you will have a blast once you arrive. I love the Raw Threads tanks and that once will be perfect for one of your Tink races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll do an rD race so I really want Tink to be super fun. I like how the 10k course at Disneyland is so heavy on the parks.

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your flights! So aggravating. I love Billy Joel so I think that's a fantastic idea. Your tank is great but I admit it took me a minute. The theme is subtle -- and I like that! Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Billy Joel would be great, and I know the songs. I didn't know anything that was being sung this year.

      Delete
  11. Oh man! A night without Allie is going to be tough :( Bummer they switched your flights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so eerily quiet if she's not there. I haven't done that since last March when I got back late on a Saturday and couldn't pick her up until late Sunday.

      Delete
  12. Ugh, I'm sorry about all of the flight time issues for Tink. I'm excited to see the pirate-themed outfit, though! That's a cute tank. Hook is one of my favorites, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The villains are great, and without them, there's no story.

      Delete