Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Musings 2/29

One more day in February, and I can't wait for March.  March starts tomorrow, and I so hope it's a much better month.  I'm glad last week is over, because by the time Friday rolled around, this was my constant mood:


Friday I started a Scrubs marathon with season 3 when I got home.  I'm getting the discs from Netflix so I can't watch too many episodes in one sitting, but I can still plow through a whole disc of Scrubs without even trying.  Anyone have shows like that?  I piled in with Allie, who's great at sensing when I need some snuggles.


Saturday was a typical running and errands day.  I did feel a little bit out of alignment Friday night, so I wasn't surprised my scar tissue was talking a little bit at the very end of my 30 minutes, but I have another chiro appointment today.  I'll get back in alignment and more scar tissue.  This coming Saturday I'll be in Boulder and I'm hoping I can have a good run in.  I get tense when I'm flying, so keep your fingers crossed that my muscles will stay loose, and add in the yoga I plan to do too.  The schedule has 3.5 miles.


Sunday friends and I got together for the Oscars red carpet and ceremony.  I haven't seen any of the nominated movies, so I didn't have any interest.  I haven't cared about the Oscars for years, but I like being with friends.  The dresses are always fun to look at, and a good-looking guy in a tux?  Quite nice.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training, yoga

Wednesday: 2.25 miles, yoga

Thursday: strength training, yoga

Friday: yoga

Saturday: 2.5 miles yoga

Sunday: Pure Barre

18 comments:

  1. I also have not cared about the Oscars in years. I don't usually see the movies so I have no idea...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to the movies for fun, so I don't see a lot of the nominations. I saw only 6 movies in the theater last year.

      Delete
  2. The dresses are always the best part. I haven't seen any of the movies either (except for Inside Out) and although I used to watch every year, I haven't watched the Oscars in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest I wasn't paying much attention this year. We were all doing pop-up comments of our own.

      Delete
  3. Good looking guys in tux, are always nice to look at, LOL
    I didn't watch the oscars either.
    My sisters and I watched a little Netfix over the weekend, we are loving the new Fuller House, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry Cavill was quite nice in his tux :)

      Delete
  4. I agree about Scrubs, one of my favorite shows still :) I hope you have a good flight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't have many movies in my Netflix queue, I'll start adding the next season of Scrubs so I can keep watching it.

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to get in a good run this weekend, and I hope your chiro appt helps with your alignment and the scar tissue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wasn't out of alignment that much, but it's funny now that I can feel when I'm out. He also gave me exercises to strengthen my piriformis since that's still weak.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. She is quite a cutie and loves attention.

      Delete
  7. I don't care much about the Oscars, except for the opening monologue. I thought Chris Rock was exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything got boring after his opening monologue. I really think some of these awards should be announced beforehand and acknowledged during the ceremony to speed things up.

      Delete
  8. Right with you, I couldn't tell you the last time I sat down to watch the Oscars, but I like being with friends and hey some eye-candy in a tux, I'll take that! Safe travels to you Les!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll watch anymore. I got bored right after the opening monologue and left early because I was tired.

      Delete
  9. I didn't watch the Oscars. I'm not sure if I did last year either. We rarely go to the movies, preferring to watch them at home. I hope your flight goes well and your muscles stay relaxed. A run in Boulder sounds wonderful. Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also watch a lot of movies at home. Netflix is wonderful that way.

      Delete