Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Musings 2/15

Happy President's Day, if y'all get the day off.  I don't :-/  I do like having these floating holidays given to us at the end of the year, but sometimes it'd be nice to break up a long stretch with a holiday. Mental health days, right?  But this week does start off Kristy's blog hop, which I'll be participating in.  If you're here for that, welcome!


If y'all watched the marathon trials, what'd y'all think?  I was nervous/excited for the runners, and was 100% ready when the broadcast started.  But it was NBC.  They leave a lot to be desired, frankly, between the commercials and commentators getting facts wrong.  I'm so happy Meb made the team, and I'm bummed that Kara finished 4th.  She couldn't make up the distance at the end, but I think she still had a great race.  A great way to forget New York 2014.  I'm on the fence about Galen Rupp simply because he still wants to do the 10k.  If he's not ready to let that event go, then don't run in the trials and take a spot away from someone who would be fully focused on the marathon.


It was some serious snuggle time with this girl, even if she didn't care about the race :-p  I also got plenty of snuggles with that valentine on Sunday.

I was able to get my 3-mile run done Saturday morning before the trials, even with a scar tissue flare up with .5 to go.  I got all 3 miles done, so I'm still on schedule, and I have another sound wave therapy session today.  I'm also thinking I need another medical massage on my calves because they're feeling tight again.  Last time I had some good bruises from the massage, on both calves.

The rest of the weekend was really lazy.  Sunday I finished up errands and went to Pure Barre.  For the first time, I forgot my socks, so had to buy another pair.  Oops.  I'm not the only one to have done that though.  I've heard even the instructors have done that.  I always make sure I have my socks and yesterday did not check first.  Now I have two pairs and can alternate.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training

Wednesday: 30 minutes/ 2.37 miles, post-run yoga

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: 30 miles, post-run yoga

Sunday: Pure Barre

22 comments:

  1. Hope your therapy session goes well. You have just reminded me that I also need to schedule a massage. I got a certificate for Christmas and hadn't used it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a balance on a gift card and I'm waiting till after Tink to use that. I think a massage when I get back is exactly what I'll need.

      Delete
  2. It was a REALLY good weekend for snuggling! And eating! Not so much for exercise . . . oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read how cold it was for your weekend. I'm not sure what's in store until actual spring here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cold again.

      Delete
  3. I'm working today but we are having a short day. At least that is something. I'm in this blog hop too but won't have my spotlight until next week. I hope your sound wave therapy goes well. How often do you typically get those? Can you immediately tell the difference? Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going every two weeks since it's not covered by insurance. Today we hit a bulls-eye with the scar tissue. Ow.

      Delete
  4. I spent most of the day on the couch under a blanket yesterday! I couldn't warm up! Brrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tea and hot chocolate mixed stocked up in case of cold days. Plus Allie is a living space heater.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed watching the trials too.
    I was so annoyed with the commentators, I hated how they kept giving respect to Meb's age, but the women who are only a couple of years younger, they called them Old Ladies team????
    I am actually liking Rupp, he's young and probably can do both. What his coach decides for him may change, it will depend on how long it takes him to recover from this weekend I guess. I think his bigger mistake will be if he participates in the indoor track trials coming up in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point. Indoor tracks can really beat athletes up. I hope after this his coaches will talk him out of the indoor season.

      Delete
  6. This was such a lazy weekend for me, and I'm lucky to have the day off today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today wasn't bad at work, so I don't know if I would've liked the day off. It is really nice to have a guaranteed break around Christmas.

      Delete
  7. We won't even discuss what I've forgotten to put in my gym bag for my work out sessions. Shoes, socks, sports bra, yea I had to tell my PT we can't be doing a lot of jumping around cause I got on a regular bra! Funny. I did not get to see the trials but I have gotten updated by yall! Thanks for that and thanks for linking up with us! Appreciate you Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot shorts one time when I was working with a trainer, and I wore a skirt to work that day.

      Delete
  8. medical massage and wave therapy.....tell my more! I think my arthritis in my knee could use both.

    Snuggle with the kitty...I miss those days-I am sure she does too. The kiddies take up much of my snuggle now.

    I didnt get to watch the trails but heard about them....so sad for Kara. being so close but not making the team...ouch ;(

    -Tamieka@fitballingrunningmom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I have scar tissue straddling a nerve in my right leg, and my chiro is using sound waves to break it up. I'm trying this so hopefully I won't need surgery to clean up that spot.

      Delete
  9. I watched some of the coverage of the women's trials while I completed my run on the treadmill on Saturday. It was quite inspiring and motivating to watch while I was getting my own training run in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched races like that too. This time I wanted to get my run done so I wouldn't miss any coverage between the fitness room and my apartment.

      Delete
  10. It's interesting that Rupp decided to run since he isn't sure which distance he'll do! But if he doesn't run then Puskedra gets to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel so bad for the 4th place. It's an awful place to be, and now they have to think about doing a different event for another shot to make the team.

      Delete
  11. I'll bet they make a killing on socks at the Pure Barre place! I was really exited for the marathon trials, and I was pulling for Desi to score a spot. I've been a big fan of hers for years, and I was hoping she would get another go after what happened in London. I was also pulling for Dathan Ritzenhein, and I was bummed that he had to drop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy too that Desi gets another shot. She's had some really good marathons and I hope she can stay healthy this year.

      Delete