Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Musings 2/1

Welcome to February.  I can't really believe that because it was just New Year's Eve, wasn't it?


First, I made a slight change to the comment set up.  I've been getting some spam, and since I hate spam, I am moderating the comments so the spammers can't automatically post.  If anything, at least I can say no to publishing those comments and can delete them even before they're published.  If you're a real human, never fear, I'll publish yours :-)


This weekend was a relaxing weekend, and I finished spending my birthday money.  I ended up ordering a Oiselle sports bra, Pro Compression socks, a Raw Threads shirt for Tink, a Coppola bottle of cabernet, bought 3 more bottles of wine, in Dallas and some new running socks.  I know the running socks aren't glamorous, but I needed them.  Some of the socks I use I've had for years and were in desperate of replacing.

The other birthday gift was the Oiselle long sleeve Flyte, which is fantastic!  I used it on my long run Saturday and I absolutely love it.  I bought a size up from my cold layer gear so I can use it as an outer layer when I'm running, and it didn't ride up at all.  I can't wait to try out my new sports bra.


Friday my Girl Scout cookies came :)  A friend's youngest is in a troop this year and he posted her cookie webpage.  Yes please!  I always look forward to this time of year where I can find cookies, and I ordered 6 boxes.  3 Savannah Smiles, 2 Thin Mints, and 1 Shortbread.  I'll have to ration them out, otherwise they won't last long.  I'm already almost through a box of Savannah Smiles.  Oops.

Lastly, there is nothing better than tissue paper.  My last in-person gift had tissue paper, so Allie got to play with it.  It doesn't take her long to shred it, but she has so much fun during that process.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training
     10 Minute Solution Pilates - pilates for buns & thighs
     10 Minute Solution Butt Lift - butt and thighs, amazing abs

Wednesday: 2.5 miles, post-run yoga

Thursday: Oiselle Dozen - modified with 2 rounds

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.5 miles, yoga

Sunday: Iron Strength, full workout

25 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some AMAZING gear with your birthday funds and gifts! I've never tried anything Oiselle, but it seems everyone LOVES their clothing! Running socks are so important! I used to run in crappy generic cotton socks, and what a difference it made to switch to quality running socks. YAY for Girl Scout cookies (I have an order that I'm waiting to receive right now) and LOL at the tissue paper. Growing up, my pet cats would love playing with tissue paper, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Flyte shirt is the first piece I've gotten from Oiselle, and I love it already. I've been wanting to try their apparel for a few months and thought Christmas/birthday would be perfect to get a couple pieces.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She loves tissue paper. I know if I get anything, whether it's a gift or a purchase, the tissue paper is going on the floor to let her play with it.

      Delete
  3. I want to see your raw threads shirt for Tink please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would be delivered today so I could post a picture tomorrow, but the post office changed delivery to tomorrow :( My TOTR post is about Tink so the picture would've been perfect.

      Delete
    2. And it was delivered yesterday! Pictures are up :)

      Delete
  4. Great workouts this week. I think it's awesome you do such a great mix of things!
    Love the cat picture so cute!
    I agree, January went by way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned I need to mix things up so my muscles don't get complacent. I think it's good to mix things up too to not get bored.

      Delete
  5. My youngest is a girl scout and she just finished selling. I just wish they didn't have to sell during the coldest month of the year. Nice week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad here yet, and I've seen girls outside selling the cookies. I knew I wanted to support my friend's daughter so he pinned her website on his social media and I've got a credit card :)

      Delete
  6. You got some great things with your bday money! Wine and compression socks are two of my favorite things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All things I wanted to get after my birthday, so gift cards were great! I have calf sleeves but wanted compression socks too after reading great things about them.

      Delete
  7. I think your birthday lasts longer when you can save some of the money to spend later! I've never heard of Raw Threads so I hope you will post a picture of your shirt. Your cat reminds me of my sister's dog who adores dryer sheets. LOL. Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents' cats love tissue paper too. The first time I got tissue paper and tried things out with Allie, she loved it! Now I give her tissue paper whenever I can.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear that you're getting as much spam as you are. Hopefully you'll have more control over the bad guys getting through now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Valetine's Day spam, so maybe it'll stop after that particular date. At least I hope so. It was all these various links which I'd never click on anyway.

      Delete
  9. Allie is super adorable! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is adorable, even at 5am. At that time, she can be revved up and racing around, and right now I can hear her with the tissue paper.

      Delete
  10. Is is seriously Girl Scout Cookie time again? It have no willpower when it comes to these! Great workout week for you! Glad you reminded me to dump my spam folder. Don't we get the craziest things in there? Thanks Lesley for linking up with us each week, appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally get spam so when I did, I was on high alert. I don't want more. And yes, GSC. I'm being good, and the thin mints are in the freezer for later.

      Delete
  11. Yes, it definitely was just NYE. I had to google those Savannah Smiles Girl Scouts cookies. We don't have those! We do have something called Lemonades which are a lemon-flavored sugar/shortbread type cookie. They're fairly new, I think, and they're my favorite. I think it's funny how different cookies have different names based on the area and where they came from (like Tagalongs/Peanut butter patties and Shortbread/Trefoils).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Savannah Smiles are the Lemonades, and I LOVE them. It's funny with the names. I grew up with the other set of names so when people refer to the cookies down here, I don't know which one is which.

      Delete
  12. I went through five boxes of GS cookies in less than two weeks. I love the thin mints, caramel delights, and peanut butter patties. I'm trying to resist getting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost got more. Some girls were selling their cookies outside the grocery store and I almost bought a box of the peanut butter sandwich cookies. I somehow resisted.

      Delete