Last week I had to get new license plates for my car because Texas requires it every 7 years. Some sort of fraud prevention. I was grumbling about it because I had my last license plate memorized and trying to learn this one turned into P Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney. But then I realized, I've been here almost 7 years! When did that happen? So much stuff has happened.
1) I got back into shape. I let myself get out of shape with my first job, which I think happens to a lot of people. You're learning a new routine after college, and the gym may not be a priority after a while. I was good for the first summer and fall, but when winter set in, I stayed in bed more since it was cold outside. After I got back into shape, I found this whole long distance running thing.
2) I got my job, and it's the same job I have now. After a few months of hardwork, I landed this job through a temping agency, then went permanent a few months after that.
3) I got Allie. She's my furkid and my family. She can be cuddly, feisty, and rambunctious. She sleeps plastered up against me so I have to find ways to get comfy on a sliver of the bed while she had the rest of the bed, but doesn't use it. Just this morning I woke up with her curled up tightly against me and I had to shift, but without disturbing her.
4) I found a great group of friends in the supporters' groups at FC Dallas and the Allen Americans. Some of us support both teams and we're a fun bunch.
5) I got certified last year! It was a couple years in the making but that's why I was at Disney World last March, for a review session at our spring conference, then I sat for the exam in September. After 5 (!) weeks of impatiently waiting, I found my name in the database and screamed! Allie went running and probably thought the human's finally gone crazy.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!