Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 1/14

Another Thursday and we are closer to the 3-day weekend, yay!  Today's a link-up is with Running With Spoons.


1) Over the weekend, I knew I wasn't going to watch the game on Monday, and was trying to decide what movie to watch instead.  Then the news Monday morning about David Bowie made up my mind.  I decided on Labyrinth.


2) I had my second acoustic wave therapy on my knee Monday afternoon.  Two weeks ago, my chiro used half the power, then Monday he used full power.


I felt more tenderness in that spot after I got home, but he worked it pretty good.  It's in a complex spot, between my knee cap and a bony knob, so it's difficult to target the scar tissue outside of this wave therapy.  He said my IT band is still feeling good, so my hard work in that area is definitely working.

3) Last week was rough on my TV shows.  CBS announced Michael Weatherly is leaving NCIS at the end of this season, and Rizzoli and Isles announced it's ending its run after next season.  Nooo!  I really don't know what I'm going to do without my shows.  I feel like Michael Weatherly's leaving is another sign NCIS might be wrapping up.  He's part of the original cast, and I still feel the void since Ziva left.  I don't know if I will continue watching after this season.

4) Since I got a wine fridge for Christmas, I'm starting to collect bottles to store in the fridge.  It was pretty empty through the Christmas period, and now's the time to start getting some bottles.  I'm getting ones I can drink now, then I'm splurging on others to save for something special.  I don't know what, but I finally have a place I can store bottles.


5) Another goal I've come up with is to do some pre-run yoga when I run in the mornings.  When I run after work, I've been sitting, standing, and walking all day, so my muscles are loose.  I don't think they're loose in the mornings, so I need a warm up before I start running.  I want to see if yoga will help and I can look on the internet for that too, just like post-run yoga.  Nothing big, but enough of a routine that I can loosen up.  Since so many races are early morning, I need to be ready at the start line, and hopefully that means it won't take me so long to find a rhythm.

8 comments:

  1. I think morning yoga is an awesome idea! I'm SUPER stiff in the mornings, and if I'm running, the first mile or so feels like hell. I bet stretching is something I should probably incorporate to loosen up a little as well. Especially now that it's cold and my muscles feel EXTRA tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read books where they say don't bother stretching before a run but stretch after. That's not working for me so I'm looking for yoga to help my muscles wake up.

      Delete
  2. I just started watching NCIS on Netflix, and while I knew that Ziva was leaving (I'm big on reading spoilers ahha!) I'm so sad that Tony will be as well. I definitely thinks all shows hit a point where the original actors decide to move on to something else, and that should definitely be a sign to the network to wrap it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in its 13th season, and most shows don't last that long. I have no problem with actors wanting to do other projects, but it does make me realize what would I do without the show? I am collecting past seasons so I'll watch those.

      Delete
  3. OMG, Michael Weatherly is leaving NCIS??? NOOOOO!!!!! I actually stopped watching after Ziva left, since I thought she was such an integral character. But if he is leaving now, too, there is no going back for sure. Booo. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave the show a chance to see how they'd move on from Ziva, but it hasn't been the same. Now that Michael Weatherly is leaving, I'm sure I'll stop after this season ends.

      Delete
  4. You know I only saw Labyrinth for the first time last October.
    I am glad that acoustic wave therapy is working for you. I had never heard of it until a while back when you started talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen the promotion material at their office, but I never asked about it since I didn't need it. Now this scar tissue has other ideas...

      Delete