Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Musings 1/11

Good new week y'all!  Today I have my second acoustic wave therapy session, and to make sure my body's in alignment.  I picture I'm in this holding pattern until training starts, which won't be until February.  The beginner version of the 10k plan I have has 1.5 miles this weekend.  I'm already at 2+ so I have some more time to visit my chiro and get this scar tissue taken care of.


This weekend was a good mix of relaxing and doing stuff.  Anybody else feel last week dragged on?  Some days went by quickly, but others crawled at a snail's pace.  It's tough getting back into the groove that is work, so I was very thankful to reach the weekend.  And this coming weekend is a 3-day weekend!  I did get back into my workout schedule, but that's much easier than getting used to work again after almost two weeks.  My new workout DVD came and I watched it Friday night to know what I'm getting into.  Since I do Pure Barre 3 weeks straight, then take a break, I'll use this DVD on those "rest" days.  It's almost an hour so a perfect way to mix things up.


I so wanted to hit the track this weekend, but we had a front come in Friday night and Saturday was just yuck.  Gray, cold, biting wind.  So after my run on the treadmill, and my errands were done, I parked myself in my apartment and snuggled with Allie.  When the weather's like it was on Saturday, she wants snuggles, and since she's basically a feline heat machine, I don't mind.  It's only when she moves that I feel the cold left where she was.

I tried watching the Golden Globes last night, but I haven't seen 99% of the nominees.  I've seen Inside Out and I have Outlander.  That's it.  I haven't seen anything else, and I don't think I want to.  It's tough to get into award shows when I don't really care.  The banter was tough to watch too, and I was switching back and forth between channels until finally deciding to switch permanently.  I didn't even know the Globes were last night until I saw tweets about it yesterday afternoon.  At a hockey game.  I didn't see any of the red carpet but I can catch up with pictures this morning.


I want to give a big shout out to everyone participated in races this weekend.  I knew a lot of people running Disney races, and it was so much fun seeing their pictures.  I'm revved up for Tink.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training

Wednesday: 2.6 miles with post-run yoga

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: 25 minutes with post-run yoga

Sunday: Pure Barre

16 comments:

  1. I watched the Globes but didn't pay too much attention. I did see Lady Gaga's weird acceptance speech. Seeing all the Disney fun makes me wanna run it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any of the acceptance speeches. I tried watching the ceremony but things seemed off. Even the red carpet dresses were spectacular.

      Delete
  2. I go to bed early. Like really, really early. So I saw the recap on the news today . . .

    Gizmo stalks me in the winter. He gets lap time in the morning when I get up, in the evening while we watch tv, and he seems to think I ought to lay down at noon for him, too.

    Sometimes I do to watch the news (that I've recorded earlier), but today I watched it while running on the treadmill. Sorry Giz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie's been doing exactly that. Whenever I'm laying down, she wants to snuggle. She didn't snuggle all summer so she's making up for lost time.

      Delete
  3. I don't watch the Globes anymore because I don't know any of the nominees, either. The only reason I would watch now is to check out some of the beautiful dresses, LOL. Yay for your new workout DVD! Are you going to review it once you've had a chance to try it out? Allie looks so cute and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Fashion Police last night, on mute, so I could see the dresses. It was very underwhelming this year. I wasn't impressed with quite a number of dresses.

      Delete
  4. Actually until I read this, I didn't even know they were on either. I am not much into award shows. Although sometimes if I am free I will watch the music ones, mostly just for the music acts, not necessarily for who wins, LOL
    Your cat looks so cuddly! I used to not be much of a cat person, but my sister got a kitten for her kids a few months back and when I visit it comes to me and snuggles (I think because it knows I will keep the kids away from it.) but I've grown quite attached to that snuggly little cat, so I told her she better keep it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats can be extremely cuddly, but they have to trust the human first. I'm getting more and more away from award shows, but I think they are fun if I watch them with friends.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are on the right track to start training in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I'm doing everything I can between treating my knee, keeping my running base, stretching, and strength training.

      Delete
  6. I had no idea they were on either but would not have watched because I'm sure I haven't seen any of them. Hey I was one of the ones running at Disney! I'm still in recovery mode haven't ran a lick. I may try a short run Saturday. Honestly I can't even get into the new year. I had to wait until after my marathon then this week we traveled so I'm still not in the grove yet. Maybe next week! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any movies that were nominated, and I probably won't see any that the Oscars nominated. I'm back in the groove at work, just in time for a 3-day weekend.

      Delete
  7. I hope your therapy session went well. I know I didn't see any of the movies and had no clue the Globes were on. Disney was great as always. Nobody does it better and I know you will enjoy Tink. With Christmas holidays, travel and now another upcoming holiday I haven't worked a full week in forever. It will be a rude awakening when I do. Thanks for linking Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had those stretches, and it is rough when I have to work full weeks again. You mean I can't keep working short weeks and not have to claim vacation?

      Delete
  8. Those cold, gray weeks are tough - and they definitely feel extra long! We had one of those last week, too. It was so fun seeing all of the Disney posts on social media over the weekend. It makes me want to run one of their races some day! Donald Duck has always been my favorite, so I'd be partial to the Disney World Half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the gray weather again today, but I couldn't face the treadmill. So I layered up and went outside.

      Delete