Friday, January 15, 2016

Favorite Alan Rickman Movies

This week has sucked when it comes to celebrity deaths.  They come in 3's, and I don't want to think about any potential third death.  David Bowie and Alan Rickman within 3 days of each other hurts like hell.

Today is the third Friday of the month, so I'm posting my favorite Alan Rickman movies.  He could be a star, he could be a supporting character.

1) Harry Potter.  I'll group all 8 here.  His work as Prof. Snape, especially that last scene, was phenomenal.  The first time I saw the Sorcerer's Stone, his portrayal of Snape was exactly how I pictured it in the book.  The attitude, the voice, the robes.  Everything.


2) Love Actually.  We never find out how his character and Emma Thompson's figure out how to move on from where they are.

3) Bottle Shock.  He plays Steven Spurrier to devised the blind tasting in Paris, and goes to Napa to get California wines to use in the contest.  He's a wine snob, and comes off as such.


4) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.  I think he stole every scene he was in.  "Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas."

5) Sense and Sensibility.  We know him as a villain, but he could play other types of characters.  I almost didn't recognize him because Colonel Brandon is more quiet character to the villains he played.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

14 comments:

  1. I forgot about Bottle Shock! That's a good one. Die Hard would be on my list.

    Celine Dion's husband passed away yesterday too. I saw a few people calling that the third death :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK confession time: I've never seen Die Hard. And now I'm going to assume it'll be a very long wait on Netflix.

      Delete
  2. I was just going to mention about Celine Dion's husband too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too, and other deaths this past week. It was carnage, and I hope we don't have that again in a while.

      Delete
  3. He was simply perfect in HP and I loved him (even though he was awful) in Love Actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to see something in which he wasn't great in. I wanted to see A Little Chaos last year but missed it in theaters. Now I'll wait for Netflix.

      Delete
  4. I completely forgot he was in Love Actually! That's one of my favorite movies. Going to watch it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! It was after the first two HP films so it was a little strange to see him out of Snape's robes and wig. That voice is still the same.

      Delete
  5. I forgot he was in Sense and Sensibility! I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not recognize him. He wasn't menacing or evil or anything like the villains he played. I haven't seen S&S in a while, but I should again.

      Delete
  6. So sad! :( This is a great list of movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The celebrity deaths need to stop. I had no idea Rickman or Bowie were sick, and it was such a shock for both.

      Delete
  7. It has been a week of 3's hasn't it. So many actors that we grew up watching or have been watching are hitting those years when it's going to start happening more and more. It's sad to watch those you've cared about because of the joy they brought us on the big screen pass on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actors and musicians. It's tough because that's the generation I loved watching and listening to.

      Delete