Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Goals

First Tuesdays on the Run post for 2016.  It feels good to get back into the swing of things.  I don't do resolutions with each new year, but I do set a goal or two to go after throughout the year.  Nothing with numbers or stats, vague goals that are specific enough that I can pursue them.  Last year's goal was to continue to make progress with my injury and running, and I think I did a good job at that.  It was slow, but I went slow to prevent set backs.


This year my one goal (so far) is to complete the Tink 10k pain free.  Last week, I started acoustic wave therapy with my chiro, and I'm continuing to use the lacrosse ball on the tender spots.  My next session is the 11th.  The spots are sore, and I felt them on my run Saturday.  I'm hoping they're better on Wednesday since I'm back in my routine of foam rolling, lacrosse ball rolling, stretching, and icing.  Since my chiro realigned my hips, I hope that helps too.

I do want to keep reading this year, but there is no set number of books.  I read 20 new books, and read some repeats, last year, and hope to continue that.  I love my Kindle :)  I'm already adding new books to my wishlist, and really need to get cracking since I still have books on there that I pinned last year.

Speaking of running... I have a small balance left on an iTunes gift card I got and am looking for new song suggestions :)

Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia

12 comments:

  1. Sending you all great vibes that your Tink 10k goal is achieved this year! That would be such a fun race. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like fun, so I'd like to not worry about pain or injuries. I haven't run at DL yet and I'm excited.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your 10K, I hope you run it pain-free! I have a "lofty" goal of reading 4 books this year, lol! I tried to read a few last year but didn't finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found I loved to read after I graduated from school. there's something about sitting down and reading for the sake of reading that makes it fun.

      Delete
  3. I am like you in that I don't set specific goals. I want to stay pain free too! I don't know if I ever asked, but what did your injury stem from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overuse and not enough strength training. I thought I was doing enough but sadly, I wasn't.

      Delete
  4. I think you're going to have so fun in the Tink 10k, and so awesome being a gift from your parents!!!
    I got that Goodreads email the other day, and for the first time put a set number in to read 52 books. I didn't quite make it to that last year, not sure if I will have the time this year, but I guess why not shoot big, LOL It's not really a personal goal, but might as well see what happens and let Goodreads track the progress:)
    I am really loving a newer artist called Elle King, she's a little more gritty and hard core, but her songs are fun and I am looking forward to running to them. You probably have heard her Ex's and Oh's hit on the radio, but she has some others on that same album that are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have Ex's and Oh's, when I finally found out the title of the song. I'll have to check youtube for her other songs.

      Delete
  5. SUPER excited for you to run the Tink 10K!!! You are going to have so much fun! I want to hear more about the accoustic wave therapy and the chiro treatments. Here is hoping for the speediest possible journey towards being completely pain-free!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had one but I have another one next week. My knee was a little bit sore the day after the first treatment, and I'm hoping that means it started working.

      Delete
  6. I hope you continue to make progress and can run the race pain-free! Thats great that you read 20 books last year! I probably read about 13 or 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pick a number and read that many books, but I go with the flow. What helped was I found some series that I read through pretty quickly.

      Delete