Thursday, December 10, 2015

Random Thursday

Random Thursday!  I've had a few thoughts this week, so I'm up for Amanda's  Thinking Out Loud.


I've made some really good progress with buying Christmas gifts (and having vendors ship them out), but I fell behind on Christmas cards.  I finally ordered them yesterday, from the American Humane Association, and I should have them in time to mail them out.  I just need stamps.  Yup, I'm ahead in one area, and behind in another.  If anyone needs card ideas, I do recommend the AHA.  They've got great card designs, and purchases benefit the AHA's work.

*****

There's nothing like a massage to get you to relax.  And a relaxing massage is nothing like what I experienced at my first medical massage on Monday.  My chiro's office offers medical massages for its patients, and I decided to book an appointment for my calves.  I've had tight calves in the past, and I've had knots and tight Achilles this fall as well.

I can't say it was enjoyable, but this is exactly what I needed and was looking for.  He found knots I didn't even know I had, and those knots hurt when he was working through them.  It was one of those times of forcing myself to relax so he could work through the knots, but it hurt!  Obviously my calves needed this, but I have bruises!  Even after wearing compression sleeves to try to help the blood flow, I still have bruises.

*****

Monday I put my tree up at work, and I brought the ornaments in on Tuesday.  I have a good variety between Disney ornaments, homemade ornaments, ornaments from trips.  I love them all, and I couldn't use a lot of them last year with Allie.  If the ornaments break, I can't replace them.  I even have ornaments from Russia so those would take a lot to replace.


*****

'Tis the season now for parties.  I have two Friday, one for my office, and one at my cousin's.  And next week is one for my department, and one for my group.  4 in total.  Guess what I'm doing bright and early Saturday morning?  Pure Barre.  Let's see how well that goes.

14 comments:

  1. I've had medical massages at my PT and my chiro, and you are right - those hurt like the dickens! But it does feel better afterwards. I hope your bruises heal quickly.

    Russian ornaments, how awesome! Those would indeed be tough to replace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The therapist knew exactly where to find the knots, and I didn't even know they were there. It did feel good afterwards, and now I know where I need to go next time.

      Delete
  2. I've been slacking with getting my cards out as well! I keep saying "I'll do them tomorrow," and before you know it, it'll be Christmas and I won't have them out. Seriously doing them -today-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have cards out by now, but I got behind this year. At least I should get them out before Christmas. Better late than never!

      Delete
  3. Good job with the cards! Have fun at your parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 today, it'll be a very busy day but I'm looking forward to them.

      Delete
  4. ouch. sorry about the bruises but yay for massage! they really are such a lifesaver for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my calves are able to go more when I'm stretching them. It hurt, but it was worth all 30 minutes.

      Delete
  5. The massage sounds tough but I'm glad they were able to work some knots out! I used to have a massage therapist who specialized in sports medicine but he moved away...anyway, he sure knew how to get my ITBands back in order! It was painful but it worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those knots and I didn't know they were there! I still have some bruises, but thankfully they're healing.

      Delete
  6. Ive gotten bruises from really deep massage too! Hope that it helps you though. It sounds like your calves needed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can feel my calves stretching more. They're still a little tight, but I know where to go now.

      Delete
  7. Hope you had a good time at barre! Ha, I got a deep tissue massage the day before our wedding and woke up feeling like I had run a marathon - I was so sore, all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I've had massages before, but a medical massage is definitely different. Since I need that kind of pressure on my muscles, I need to go to my chiro's now to help with running.

      Delete