Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Race Expos

Today's link-up is race expos.  It's been a while since I actually stayed at an expo after picking up my bib.  The last major expo at Disney, I had my parents pick up my bib since they were going the day before I was flying in.  This was still when runDisney let runners pick up other runners' bibs, and there was no sense in us going twice if they were already going.  I didn't want anything at the expo and wouldn't have wanted to shop.  More time in the parks for me.


I find expos can be hit or miss.  Disney certainly puts on big expos, but after going to a couple, there's nothing special in it, for me.  I find a lot of the same vendors are there, so if they don't interest me, no thanks.  Other expos are pretty small, which surprises me given the size of some races.  It all depends on the organizers.  A lot of times, vendors I'd like to see aren't at expos, so I stick to online shopping if I want something specific.

*****

On a random note, has anyone done Acoustic Wave Therapy?  I found out the new trouble spot is actually an extension of the ITB, and the pain is from build up of scar tissue.  My chiro said AWT can break up the scar tissue much much faster than any manual technique.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

16 comments:

  1. I never heard of the wave therapy. Hope that helps for you. Disney surely knows how to do an expo. But it's frustrating with the official merchandise always selling out so quickly. It's like if you don't get there the first day it opens. Forget about finding stuff in your size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney also hypes the merchandise, which doesn't help. I was lucky enough to get a shirt for my first half, but I haven't checked after that.

      Delete
  2. Yeah---someone else who isn't a fan of the expo....I thought I was the crazy one-lol!!

    Acoustic Wave Therapy-never heard of it. Sending positive vibes that it works for you if you decide to do it.

    -Tamieka@footballingrunningmom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited for my first two expos, but since I tend to do the same stuff, it's the same vendors. After a while, I wasn't interested.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on how after awhile, all expos seem to blend together. Same types of vendors and same merchandise/services every time!

    I've never heard of the wave therapy but as someone with ongoing ITB issues, I'd love to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, same stuff. That's not to say I don't window shop. If I'm with friends, we'll look, but I won't buy anything.

      Delete
  4. Never heard of AWT . . . but that does remind me I really do need to make a chiro appt!

    I do like expos, but maybe that's because I don't go to a lot of big races -- often there isn't even an expo -- so I'm not seeing the same stuff all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like smaller races. I can pick up my bib and go on my way.

      Delete
  5. I've been to my fair share of race expo's, some better than others. If I am alone I may walk around after getting my packet for a short while but I am usually in and out in 10-15 min or less, I rarely buy anything anymore at them. If I am with other friends I may let them drag me around a little more, but 30 minutes is my limit I guess I can blame my lack of love to shop for that, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to shop, but mostly online :-) Sometimes I am on the lookout for things though, so I keep my eyes open and spend some time at the expo.

      Delete
  6. I love expos! That's where I usually meet up with other bloggers/runner friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expos are great meeting places since all runners need to go. Friends do make shopping more fun.

      Delete
  7. Personally I can take or leave expos. If they're really crowded I definitely leave. I've not heard of AWT. Sounds great though. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's slow and I have time, I might look. But I'm not a crowd person. Trying to fight my way through the place definitely isn't fun.

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited I get to go to a Disney expo! I wonder if it's like shock therapy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Disney expos are fun for the first race, and there is a lot of stuff to look at.

      Delete