Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday Musings 12/7

It's beginning to look more like Christmas.  I finally bought a tree this weekend and put it together in my office.  I have no place for it, and Allie brought the tree down last year.  No Disney ornaments, no breakable ornaments, and no sentimental ornaments went on the tree last year.  Now, I can bring in all my ornaments and decorate the tree before work tomorrow.  I wasn't kidding when I said I'd have a tree in my office instead of at home.  I still decorated at home, but the tree is safe and sound.


The weekend was a mix between good workouts, down time, and being busy.  Today is a friend's birthday so a group of us went out for Tex Mex Saturday at Chuy's, then played dominos and had sopapilla cheesecake.  I didn't get home until after midnight, and my mind wouldn't shut off for me to go to sleep until past one, and yet my body decided that 7am was the perfect time to be up and at 'em.  Ugh!  Pure Barre wasn't until 11:45, so why couldn't my body let me sleep in.

I also ticked off two more Christmas movies from my list: Love Actually and Elf.  Anybody live near a Cinemark?  Their classic series is showing Miracle on 34th Street on the 20th if anyone is interested.  That movie is on my Netflix list but I may not get it in time.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Sunday: Runner's World Iron Strength

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: Pilates

Wednesday: 2 miles

Thursday: Kinetic Revolution Challenge days 1-3

Friday: yoga

Saturday:3.1 miles

Sunday: Pure Barre

16 comments:

  1. YAY for a tree! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to buy a new tree and then get it in to work. Those boxes should come with handles.

      Delete
  2. That is nice that you get to put a tree up in your office. Sorry that it won't be at your home though. Maybe you can get a little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have other decorations up at home, but not the tree. I have a smaller apartment this year and every corner is full.

      Delete
  3. We also put our tree up this weekend. Its hard to believe that the Christmas season is already here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 14 days until break. I can't really believe it!

      Delete
  4. I can never sleep in either:) Your tree looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sleeping in would be 8am. I've gotten to 8:30 a couple times this year. A sure sign that I needed the extra sleep.

      Delete
  5. Actually, you will probably see more of your tree at the office than you would at home. I know I would! Great idea. I love both Love Actually and Elf. Do you like The Family Stone? It had to grow on me, but I do like it now. Thanks for linking with us Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized that too. I spend so much more waking hours at work, so why not decorate the office?

      Delete
  6. I work with a bunch of men who are not really in the Christmas spirit, heck I'm not but I could be maybe if I had a tree in my office. I remember where I use to work it was a huge deal. Our office was in an old house, built in the 1920's beautiful wood throughout. They would line the staircase with poinsettias and we would decorate the tree it was just beautiful. The only thing Christmas in my office are the few cards we receive on the table. Good job on two more Christmas movies, I still have yet to sit down to watch one, did I tell ya I been a little busy, lol. An understatement. Thanks for linking with us! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me that there's nothing on TV most of the time. I have shows, but they're on repeat so out come the movies.

      Delete
  7. We've kept our tree in the guest bedroom for the past two years to keep it from the cat. We're trying it in our living room for the first time this year. So far so good. *knock on wood* We're still not brave enough to get a real one with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knocked the tree over last year, and I really wanted to get my ornaments out this year. I may try in a couple years when (hopefully) she's a little calmer.

      Delete
  8. I love the Christmas tree at work! Sounds like a good strategy to be able to display all of your ornaments :) Elf and Love Actually are some of my favorites! What's next in the movie queue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Santa Clause this weekend. I still have a couple movies, and I'm trying to save them for next weekend.

      Delete