Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday Musings 12/21

Another week, and my last day to work for the year!  I'm taking tomorrow off so I can run errands and clean the apartment before I head out for Christmas.  Allie won't like being taken to the vet, but they love her and take good care of her.


You may have noticed I haven't done Friday Fives in a couple weeks.  Fridays have gotten hectic since December hit, and I've usually hit the ground running at work.  I hope things peter out with break and I'm back at it in the new year.  Though we do have changes coming, so I might have to write posts ahead of time.


This weekend was filled with stuff, mostly getting to see Star Wars.  Anybody else get to see it?  I was initially going to wait until Tuesday on my day off, but decided to get a ticket for Saturday instead.  The theater wasn't completely full, but it was almost full.  We cheered when the lights dimmed (after 6 previews.  WTF Cinemark, 6?!), we cheered when the scroll started, and we cheered when all favorite characters first appeared.  It was definitely worth going since everyone there was Star Wars fans.  I even had my Under Armour Star Wars shirt on :-)

And a side note on those previews, only two are maybes, and even then they would be Netflix movies.  Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia.  Zootopia, btw, got the biggest reaction from the crowd, with sloths at the DMV.

I ran before the movie so I didn't have to worry about getting it done after the movie.  I was up at 6:15, without an alarm, so why not?  I felt accomplished before going to the theater.

Sunday was more low key with only Pure Barre.  It was cloudy and humid, and perfect weather for cat snuggling.  Sometimes she asks politely, other times she plops down and hunkers in.  I didn't mind since she wanted to snuggle around my Pure Barre class.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.


*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strengthening

Wednesday: 2.25 miles

Thursday: core work

Friday: rest

Saturday: 30 minutes treadmill

Sunday: Pure Barre

10 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it but my husband went on Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did an early bird showing on Saturday. I figured let the big big big fans have the first couple days.

      Delete
  2. We saw Star Wars last week too and had about 10 previews. GAH! Everyone was getting really anxious for the last few, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was anxious with the first one. Captive audience and I wanted the movie.

      Delete
  3. I didn't make it to see Star Wars this weekend, I do want to see it though at some point. Good job on getting in your run before the movie! Yes, I agree it just makes it better to go ahead and get it done! Safe travels to you and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought if I woke up early, I could get it done, then I woke up at 6:15. That's early enough.

      Delete
  4. I didn't go see Star Wars, I don't even think I have seen the other previous versions of it completely yet. But everyone keeps saying it's so good, I wonder if I would enjoy seeing it, even if I haven't seen the original ones.
    Enjoy your time off, that is awesome! I am taking a little time off this week too, not really for the holiday's, but per some Dr's orders this morning I am going to call it a little medical break:)
    Have a great Christmas this week Lesley!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll take these days off. I'm packing running clothes just in case, but this is a break from everything so probably running too.

      Delete
  5. Both of my teens saw Star Wars on opening night. Neither were disappointed. I hope to see it soon. Enjoy your time off from work and try not to miss Allie too much. Thanks for linking with is Lesley! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss her but she's good at making feel guilty. Fur kids are good at that.

      Delete