Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Musings 12/14

What a busy week!  We are now steam rolling towards Christmas, and I almost have all the gifts wrapped up.  I only have two more, and those are types that can be taken care of this week, or right before Christmas.  All I need is my Christmas cards to send out, and I'll be done.  It sure feels good.

As posted on Thursday, my tree is up and decorated in my office.  I like this tree compared to my last tree the past few years.  I needed a fuller tree because I've collected a lot of ornaments over the years, so I went to Home Depot.  They need to put handles on those boxes.  The box wasn't heavy, but it's bulky, and getting it to my car was interesting, but not as interesting as getting it from my car to my office building.  The front of the building is cut off due to construction, so I had to carry the box from the parking garage to the building.  Not easy.


Monday was my medical massage and scar tissue diagnosis.  I'm going to start acoustic wave therapy when I get back from Christmas, and I hope it helps.  I'm still working on that spot with my lacrosse ball, but if it is scar tissue, I'm going to need help to break it up.  My chiro said he'd do the therapy on my entire leg, to break up the existing scar tissue, and to make sure other spots don't acquire scar tissue.

Saturday was a lazy day after Pure Barre.  I ran some errands, then put my feet up for the rest of the day.  I needed to nap because I'd been out Friday night for a holiday party (which was a lot of fun), and I watched Army/Navy, then the Santa Clause.  I have family who've served in both the army and navy, so I was pulling for both teams.  After the game and movie, I felt like baking, and made snickerdoodles.


Finally, I took an extra rest day on Sunday because I did Pure Barre on Saturday, and I woke up yesterday with two strategically placed knots in my glutes.  I'm trying to work on relaxing during my runs, and making sure my muscles stay relaxed too.  Those knots would not have been good for a relaxing run.  So I stayed home for some extra foam rolling, while watching the Dallas Marathon.  The race was having a fun Duo to Rio relay with elites, where the men ran the first half and the women ran the second half.

Anybody have races, or run the Dallas races?


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.


*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training

Wednesday: 30 minutes treadmill, yoga

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: Pure Barre

Sunday: rest

16 comments:

  1. Your tree looks so pretty! Love that you have one in your office. I just got our tree up this past weekend. The last of my cards went out this morning, which is so much better than last year when a holiday card never happened. Cannot wait to hear more about this wave therapy. I had a partially ruptured hamstring and my sports chiro did ART and Graston to break up the scar tissue and get it all to heal up the right way. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My chiro's doing ART and Graston too, but he's limited with what he can do. The therapy can get below the skin and target the scar tissue.

      Delete
  2. I need to get on the ball and wrap gifts! I have a few I'm still waiting on in the mail.
    I need to get back to my regular massages. I can't believe I had skipped then the past several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having vendors ship gifts so I tell the recipients the gifts aren't wrapped. I have small gifts to wrap when I get to Colorado.

      Delete
  3. Is your scar tissue from when you had the IT problems? I have never heard of that happening, that is crazy. Well I hope they can get you the help you need if it's causing you problems!
    You sound several steps ahead of me on the Christmas front, I have a huge list of to do's today, and I hope to tackle most of mine, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently. I can believe too because I know there's a nerve there, and if I torque my leg just right when running, I feel the pain area.

      Delete
  4. I completely understand the strategically placed knots in the glutes after doing Pure Barre. Been there many times! It hurts like the dickens to roll them out, too, doesn't it? I've tried running while I had those knots and it is NOT PLEASANT.

    Your tree looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've tried to run after Pure Barre and it's not pretty. I normally do PB on Sundays so I can run Saturdays, but sometimes I go Saturdays instead.

      Delete
  5. I love The Santa Clause, although I haven't watched it in years. I need to watch it again! Your tree looks so pretty. Can't imagine trying to maneuver that big box without handles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it a couple years ago after not seeing it for a very long time. ABC Family had it on and I wondered why I didn't have it on DVD.

      Delete
  6. That is a lovely tree! It is amazing how heavy they are in the box. My sister and I used to make Snickerdoodles all the time as kids, probably because the ingredients were always on hand! Great memories! You are way ahead of me as I haven't started wrapping yet. But, at least most of the shopping is done! Thanks for linking with us Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box wasn't too heavy but I had to figure out how to carry it. My coworkers love the tree and it'll be sad when I put it away.

      Delete
  7. Good for you for being almost done with all your holiday stuff! I have ordered most of the gifts Im getting for people but haven't started wrapping yet. I'm sure I'll spend most of next weekend taking care of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wrap the gifts I have, but not before going through TSA. I don't want to take a chance and have to unwrap them.

      Delete
  8. What a pretty tree I think If I had one in my office, I'd be more in the spirit, ya know since I spend more awake time at the office than home. I've had to take an extra day off from running because my trainer worked my glutes too much too. Oh geeze she knows how to whip my tail in shape for sure! Thanks for linking up as always we appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realize how important my glutes are until there are knots present and I'm sore from a workout.

      Delete