Friday, December 4, 2015

Bucket List Vacations

Friday Five is bucket list vacations.

I love to travel, and have traveled in the past with my parents.  I love it, but sadly work takes most of my time now.  That darn work.  Some bucket list destinations are new, but I'd like to repeat some, to go back and explore more or go back since I understand more.

1) Spain.  Brand new.  I'd love to go to Spain and eat and drink wine throughout the country.  I did that in Italy and it was fantastic!  It's fun to try new foods when you're in a country that's known for food.  I'd like to go to Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, maybe the Alhambra.  I've thought this one out.

2) Scotland.  Kind of a repeat.  My parents and I were in Edinburgh when I was 16, but I'd also like to throw in Glasgow, some castle tours, highland tours.  Do a big tour of the whole country.  And avoid the haggis.


3) The Smithsonian Institute.  This is one to go back since I know a lot more.  When you're a kid, you look for kid things.  I recognized the Ruby Slippers right away, but a lot of other artifacts went right over my head.  I want to see specifically the American History building.  I know they're got way more stuff than they can display, but I'd like to "get lost" for a day.

4) Napa.  We went to 10 wineries in Napa this year and didn't even scratch the surface.  I'm currently coming up with a list of wineries for my next trip, whenever that may be.


5) Mediterranean.  This would have to be a cruise because there's so much to see.  My cousins have been on some good cruises that cover the Mediterranean in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.  Cruises are great because you can go to sleep and wake up in the next port :-)






Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

11 comments:

  1. You must go to Spain!! Getting drinks with tapas is an experience you would love. And definitely visit Granada..such a beautiful city. Plus all the tapas are free when you order drinks. Tinto de verano is my favorite drink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eating tapas if I can find a good restaurant. I love the small portions so I can get several at once.

      Delete
  2. You must go to Spain!! Getting drinks with tapas is an experience you would love. And definitely visit Granada..such a beautiful city. Plus all the tapas are free when you order drinks. Tinto de verano is my favorite drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these places would be great to travel to. Especially Napa Valley. I love going to wineries. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Napa trip was so much fun. If I went to Spain, I'd try to go to some wineries there too.

      Delete
  4. I would love to do a Mediterranean cruise. Only problem would be that I get motion sick easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad gets seasick and only had trouble when we had to tender from the ship. He was fine on the ship, but did have the wristlets, just in case.

      Delete
  5. I loved our trip to Napa and Sonoma back in 2012. I would love to get back there someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, with a trip to San Francisco either before or after.

      Delete
  6. the smithsonians are always awesome to visit. napa is on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know so much more that the museums would be a great place to spend at least a day. I know I wouldn't be able to see everything though.

      Delete