Friday Five is bucket list vacations.
I love to travel, and have traveled in the past with my parents. I love it, but sadly work takes most of my time now. That darn work. Some bucket list destinations are new, but I'd like to repeat some, to go back and explore more or go back since I understand more.
1) Spain. Brand new. I'd love to go to Spain and eat and drink wine throughout the country. I did that in Italy and it was fantastic! It's fun to try new foods when you're in a country that's known for food. I'd like to go to Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, maybe the Alhambra. I've thought this one out.
2) Scotland. Kind of a repeat. My parents and I were in Edinburgh when I
was 16, but I'd also like to throw in Glasgow, some castle tours,
highland tours. Do a big tour of the whole country. And avoid the
3) The Smithsonian Institute. This is one to go back since I know a lot
more. When you're a kid, you look for kid things. I recognized the
Ruby Slippers right away, but a lot of other artifacts went right over
my head. I want to see specifically the American History building. I
know they're got way more stuff than they can display, but I'd like to
"get lost" for a day.
4) Napa. We went to 10 wineries in Napa this year and didn't even scratch the surface. I'm currently coming up with a list of wineries for my next trip, whenever that may be.
5) Mediterranean. This would have to be a cruise because there's so much to see. My cousins have been on some good cruises that cover the Mediterranean in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Cruises are great because you can go to sleep and wake up in the next port :-)
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!