Friday, November 6, 2015

Race Signs

It's Friday!  We have gorgeous weather coming up this weekend and I'm excited for it.


Today's Friday Five is race signs.  I don't remember many signs because of runner's brain, but I remember some.

1) Punch here for power OR high five for power.  I've high-fived kids with those signs and they're so excited when runners do.

2) "You trained for this longer than Kim Kardashian's marriage."  Yup, I saw that during my first half.  Good thing it wasn't at a water station or water would've come out of my nose.

3) "You're NOT almost there."

4) During my last half, I was behind a retired veteran who listed out all the injuries he sustained in combat.  It finished with "If I can do this, so can you."

5) Finally, a staple at Disney races for so many years, Peggy Sue.  She had her spot and runners knew to look for her.  "Hello complete stranger.  I'm proud of you."

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

16 comments:

  1. Aww the veteran! I love that!! My favorite race sign was at Disneyland a few years ago after the VMA's...it said "Run away from twerking Miley"! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I have seen signs referencing Kanye too. Scary :-p

      Delete
  2. LOL at the "You're NOT almost there." Depending on where along the course I saw that, I don't know if I would laugh or cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was early, and it did make me laugh a little. I can like that sign because it's true.

      Delete
  3. These are so funny! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can be creative. It's fun seeing what signs are on your race course.

      Delete
  4. i always appreciate the honesty of sign #3. don't lie to me, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Don't lie and tell me I'm almost there. Depending on the mile, I may want to be done and I know I'm not almost there.

      Delete
  5. Love being real with the "your NOT almost there sign"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. At least that's a spectator that gets it.

      Delete
  6. I love that touch for Power signs. I always do it, and yes, I get power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to high five the kids but sometimes I can't get over to the side with other runners around me.

      Delete
  7. Disney races won't be the same without Peggy Sue there. She was such a great supporter for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad when I read she passed away. She was always there with her smile and sign.

      Delete
  8. Love the vet sign- that's powerful.

    ReplyDelete