Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday Musings 11/9

Darn this falling back an hour.  I had one outdoor run during the week before the time change, and I had one (very successful) run after work this past week.  It was almost dark by the time I got back home, so just when it's super nice in temperature after work for me to run outside, I have to move on back inside.  How is that fair?


Tuesday I bought 2XU calf sleeves, which provide more support than my Zensah sleeves.  Granted, it takes some elbow grease to get the sleeves over my calves, but they feel more supported, even if they do feel like a sausage casing.  I did 3.25 miles Wednesday with 1/1 intervals and felt good.  I'm not past the front calf problem yet, but I found the magic button.  It hurts for sure, but the lacrosse ball is getting down into the knot.  I also see my chiro this week so I hope to at least get a plan of attack.  I'm still experimenting with intervals and speed, shoes, sleeves, trying to find a winning combo.

I think we're now moving into weather that brings out the New Englander in me.  Sunday was in the 40s when I woke up, but the temp was deceiving.  When I got outside for my run, the wind hit 1/2-a mile into my run.  My poor ears.  They were frozen by the time I was done, and I need to get to REI to ge t a headband.  Not only will that limit the wind hitting my ears, I'm hoping it'll cut down on the sound of the wind that can over power the volume of my music.  And maybe some gloves too.  My hands were chapped because of the wind.

And finally, look at what's back in North Texas.  Ta-da!


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 3.25 miles

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: Pure Barre

Sunday: 2.25 miles

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got some compression socks that you like. I have that same brand and I really like them as well. I have been wearing a headband during my runs lately here in the northeast. Hate the change in the weather and the time. I tried to run after work the other night and it was already getting dark out and it was just past 5 pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for the wind, I'd be fine. But that wind is always strong and gets me every single year. I need to get prepared for it.

      Delete
  2. Thats funny we are n opposite ends of the day light savings. See I love it because it makes it light enough I can get out earlier in the mornings. I can see how evenings dark runs would not be liked so much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to work early so if I ran before, I'd still be in the dark. Looks like I'm headed back inside for week day workouts.

      Delete
  3. Blue Bell, Ha! I know about putting on calf sleeves, gosh why do they have to be so hard? Oh because they work, that's right. I'm afraid I like the time change in the mornings anyway because I'm going to keep with my summer routine. I kinda like going ahead and getting it done now instead of waiting until after work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work, otherwise I wouldn't bother. The new sleeves are so incredibly tight but that's why I wanted them.

      Delete
  4. Dang it I just got the Zensah sleeves..now I want the others! Although these already feel like sausage casings when I'm running (I'll just assume from all my BIG MUSCLES) so we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zensah's worked for me too, but right now I need that much more support. Now I have 3 different pairs of sleeves.

      Delete
  5. I'm jealous. We have only a couple of flavors of Blue Bell available since the debacle. I'm waiting! I haven't found calf sleeves that I like yet. They either feel like they are doing nothing, or are way too tight. If it's just the least big cold, I wear those cheap knit gloves. Have a great week and thanks for linking with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have vanilla, chocolate, the great divide, cookies n cream and buttered pecan. I went with the buttered pecan.

      Delete
  6. I'm the opposite with the time change. I've enjoyed having a little daylight at the end of my morning runs. I can see where it would be tough for someone who runs in the evenings. Blue Bell is back! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I stopped and stared at the Blue Bell display. I waited 5 days to let others rush to the store, but I still had to stop and take it in.

      Delete
  7. Good point! Right when the weather is perfect for running in the evening the time goes and changes to make it dark. Not fair.

    I will run in almost any weather, but my least favorite is relentless wind. Speaking of REI... I got a catalog from them in the mail yesterday and I was drooling over everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. The sunset is earlier and earlier now, and I have to watch out when I am running. Even if I had safety lights, the sidewalk I use in my neighborhood is slanted and I have to watch my step.

      Delete