Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday Musings 11/30

Happy last day of November.  Wait what?  Yes, tomorrow is December 1.  This past week was a rest week after my 5k, and I wanted to spend time with my lacrosse ball, focusing on the area around the knew knot.  I found some exercises that are supposed to loosen up the calf along the shin bone, so I've been doing those before using the lacrosse ball (on both sides), then stretching the calf.  I hope this all helps.  I need to do stuff in between my chiro visits.


Sunday after my 5k I did Pure Barre, then did yoga on Monday.  That was the extent of my workout for the week.  I'm not of the mindset that I have to earn my Thanksgiving meal, and since it's only one meal I splurge, I enjoy it.  Tuesday I baked the second batch of pecan tassies, and I made a blueberry crumble.  Both were hits, and since we had 3 desserts at the meal, I did bring back some of each to enjoy for the rest of the week.


Thanksgiving itself was gray and rainy, so I was happy I wasn't doing a turkey trot.  The rain did hold out, but it was a humid day with the storm coming.  I slept in until 6:15 (!) and then took my time through the rest of the day.  Thanksgiving itself was great!  I can tell I'm getting older though because I could only complete one plateful, and I was too stuffed to even think about seconds.  I had turkey, Swedish meatballs, rolls, green bean clusters wrapped in bacon, cornbread stuffing with pecans, potato gratin, and sweet potato casserole.  I tried to have a light lunch so I could indulge in all of this. Does the meme below sound familiar to anyone?  That was one of my friends - she said she was full then 10 minutes later was ready for dessert.


We wrapped up the day playing a board game and putting Jurassic World on the TV.

Friday I decorated and started on my collection of Christmas movies.  I watched the Muppet Christmas Carol and 2 Big Bang Theory Christmas episodes.  Between the movies and TV episodes, I have to start watching early.


Saturday was a lazy, lazy day, with some quick errands and only going out at 8 to go to a pub quiz with friends.  We used to do pub quizzes by Geeks Who Drink until our pub closed last year.  We were able to get the team back together Saturday and we won the quiz!  Between errands and pub quiz, I didn't do anything.  The weather this whole weekend was gray, rainy, and cold.  Like, low 40s with wind chills in the 30s cold.  I know how to deal with cold, but it always seems colder in Texas.  I don't know why.

Sunday I finally got back on the workout wagon and decided to shock my system with the RW Iron Strength.  Let's see how I feel on Monday!


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

18 comments:

  1. I have to find those Big Bang christmas Episodes. I've only watched on christmas movie so far and it was one of those cheesy ones on the Hallmark channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched two on Hallmark already. There wasn't anything else on and I wanted Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Yum! Your Thanksgiving meal sounds amazing!! :) Glad you had a good weekend...it was hot and humid here, too. Love Muppet's Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was humid on Thursday but that cold front came in. I've been bundled up ever since.

      Delete
  3. I just started watching Christmas movies too, I saw one last night on the Hallmark channel, this time of year that is really the only channel I need, LOL
    Sounds like you had a great week, and great times! That was me too on Thanksgiving, I was so full I was sure I couldn't eat anything else, and then an hour later I was like, yes give me dessert, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was full but not overly full. I get a little bit of everything I like and eat just that. When there are 3 desserts waiting, I do make sure I have room left.

      Delete
  4. You just reminded me that I need to start doing iron strength again! I am sure I will be really sore after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't done it in a bit so I felt it yesterday, and am still feeling spots today. I know it's working then!

      Delete
  5. I am usually watching Christmas movies long before Thanksgiving, but this year I waited. I started this weekend. I definitely want to try the Pecan Tassies. When I eat too much too fast, I usually get a headache. It helps me keep things in check and I must remember to save room for dessert. I appreciate you linking with us, Lesley. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tradition is to kick off the Christmas movies and shows on Black Friday. I can take my time and enjoy them over all of December.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe it's December already! That Thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy! We have a few Christmas favorites that we watch year after year, but at no particular time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tradition is to watch Muppet Christmas Carol, but all the other movies I watch are a free for all. It depends what I want to watch and if there's something on TV. Rudolph was on CBS last night with commercials, so I put in the DVD.

      Delete
  7. RW Iron Strength, eh? Sounds really hard-core! I'll have to look into that series myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You order the DVD through Runner's World. It's a good challenge, though I don't go as fast as the DVD. I figure the point is strength training so I focus more on that than doing full plyometrics.

      Delete
  8. Ha yes it does sound just like me, I always, always have room for dessert! And if I know ahead of time I make sure to leave some real food on my plate just so I can have the dessert! I rarely have time to sit down to a movie but I think this year I'm going to make time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always same room for dessert when it's Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know there's good stuff coming, and I don't want to feel too full.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a very relaxing holiday! We played some board games on Friday night and it was a lot of fun. I think that needs to happen more often at family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Board games are fun. I get competitive though, but my friends do too.

      Delete