Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday Musings 11/23


Weekly recap!  The end of last week was tough because part of me has mentally checked out for Thanksgiving.  The only problem is I work Monday-Wednesday this week, so these 3 days are going to be a little tough.  I have everything I need for what I'm bringing for Thanksgiving, including a celebratory adult beverage.  Our tour guide at Schramsberg said she thought the blanc de noir went very well with a Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm taking her advice.  Even if it's not paired with the dinner, it's still really good.


Dessert will be the same as last year since it was so popular.  It's a Martha Stewart recipe for pecan tassies.  It's not a difficult recipe, but there are quite a few steps that will keep me busy.  Since a couple hockey players will be at the feast, I'm making a double batch.  And I might taste test a couple, just to be sure ;-)  I included the Blue Bell to have a small side with the tassies, and since Blue Bell is back, why not?

This week's training stayed about the same, even with a race on Saturday.  I didn't do much before my last 5k and I felt a little tight during that race.  Tuesday I picked up my race packet at my LRS, since the company is a sponsor with the race series.  This was the first year for the Pumpkin Spice run, and there are a few things they could work on.  I'll recap the race tomorrow.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.
 
*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: strength training

Wednesday: 2.35 miles

Thursday: Jillian Michaels' yoga meltdown level 1

Friday: rest

Saturday: 3.1+ miles

Sunday: Pure Barre

20 comments:

  1. I would just love to have that race T-shirt! How cute. I saw this weekend that all the Blue Bell flavors were back in the grocery store. Finally. Pecan Tassies sound delicious. You should share the recipe! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Lesley and appreciate you linking with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really comfy too, a good lounging long sleeve shirt. I saw many wearing it at the race but I don't do that. I kept it at home, then washed it after the race was over.

      Delete
  2. Yum, Blue Bell and pecan tassies! I'm with HoHo - please share the recipe! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll make a post about me making the second batch.

      Delete
  3. Pecan tassies sound fun. I'm not cooking this year for Thanksgiving which is pretty great for me actually. The trade off is that I have to travel. ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather cook than travel. I did travel in 2012, but I took the whole week off and traveled the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It was much more calm.

      Delete
  4. I love making pecan tassies! They are pretty time consuming but they taste so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isn't too bad, but I do spend time molding them in the pan. I've learned some tricks though to help with that.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope the rest of the week goes by quickly for you - you're almost there! Also, the pumpkin spice run shirt is adorable! Can't wait to hear about the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost, but yesterday was tough. Each passing minute means I have less motivation. Tomorrow should be interesting.

      Delete
  7. You can't go wrong w any wine at Thanksgiving. I have never heard of that brand. If it doesn't go well w the dinner I'm sure it'll be great with the dessert. Those sound so tasty. What a cute name for a 5k race during this time of yr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stopped at Schramsberg during our Napa trip, so if there's something special going on, I like getting their sparkling wine. They've got quite a few choices.

      Delete
  8. Those pecan tassies sound delicious! That race t-shirt is cute! Can't wait for your recap! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good. I've already made one batch and a tassie got stuck in the mold so I taste tested that one. The trick was only taste testing one.

      Delete
  9. That does sound great ypu need to make sure to post a picture top. Sounds like you had a solid week. Thanks for linking up with us this week and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week, and I'm relaxing a lot more this week. I need rest weeks so why not this one? I can do some easy yoga these days and have fun on Thursday.

      Delete
  10. That does sound great ypu need to make sure to post a picture top. Sounds like you had a solid week. Thanks for linking up with us this week and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any wine at Thanksgiving is good wine, in my opinion :) I love the name for that race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was suggested and I can't wait to try it tomorrow.

      Delete