Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bookworm Wednesday

Yes, I'm bringing it back, for this week at least.  During the last 1.5 weeks of October, I plowed through 3 books of a mystery series, and have forced myself to take a break.  I tried reading this series back in '09, but I think I needed a break from mysteries at that point.  How else can I explain not getting into the story then and needing to catch up on all the books and novellas right here, right now?

The series is the Lady Julia Grey series by Deanna Raybourn, and I've read Silent in the Grave, Silent in the Sanctuary, and Silent on the Moor.  The series does take place in the Victorian era, and I realized a lot of series I've read take place in that era (which spans quite few decades).  The mysteries are complicated, and I've found myself surprised in the first two books... I did figure out the third book, but not motives.  Each one is filled with layers that add to the story and the characters.  There's so much more to the stories than just the mystery and investigation.  Obviously, I couldn't put the series down.


6 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm intrigued now! I always love your book suggestions as I've found some great ones because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love books where I can sit down and read. Sometimes I need to unplug and I'll read to do that.

      Delete
  2. I usually read sappy love novels or fitness related books. I should start reading mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll read those when I need a break from mysteries or novels. I like to mix things up as I go.

      Delete
  3. I love it when people suggest books, it inspires me to read more! But I always forget the suggestions. I will bookmark this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for suggestions too. If I have downtime, I'll scroll through Amazon to see what they've got.

      Delete