Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Running Soundtrack

"What is dinner without a little music?"


For me it's what is running without a little music.  I've always loved running with music, and I have plenty of playlists to keep things fun.  I have a standard running playlist that I change up, but I have other themes.  I've got a Christmas list, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Patriotic, an all women-playlist, Disney, movie soundtracks, the instrumental soundtracks, '80s, you name it.

Music's always been important to me, and I love playing around and figuring out which songs are best to run to.  I use my phone as my iPod so I have both music and phone, in case I need the phone.  When they were separate, I felt weighted down because I was carrying extra stuff.


I have run without music, but I prefer not to.  The trick is to be responsible.  I do keep the volume down, especially when I'm outside, so I can be aware of my surroundings, but I get bored if I don't have my iPod with me.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

14 comments:

  1. I always run w music. The only time I don't is if I am running with someone. I never categorize my music though. I always just listen to my most current playlist and get sick of it pretty quickly. Maybe I should start doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I have multiple playlists. If I'm bored with one, I can play around and add/remove songs and listen to others until I'm happy with the new one.

      Delete
  2. Same with me! Lately I've been listening to podcasts on my long runs or easy runs. Keeps my pace slow and my mind occupied. Then when I want to turn the speed on I just put on music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run a faster pace no matter what I'm listening to. I've tried audiobooks and they don't work for me while running. If I'm in the car, they're great.

      Delete
  3. I love your categories! My running moods definitely change and I have playlists to accommodate them. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have fun with the seasons. I haven't gotten the Christmas one out yet, but I did add a song to it already.

      Delete
  4. I'm not that organized- lol. I hit shuffle and run! But love to run with music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll shuffle the playlists so I don't know which song is coming up next. I've didn't before and I got bored quickly.

      Delete
  5. I don't have mine that organized, but I do add and delete songs from my phone to my shuffle as the seasons change. Christmas songs are going in now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated my Christmas list but haven't run to it yet. I'm waiting until Black Friday when I also get the Christmas movies out.

      Delete
  6. Same here! I either listen to music or a podcast to keep me entertained while I run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me zone out when I need to get away from the real world, either work, news, or both. I can get into the rhythm of the song and start running.

      Delete
  7. I do love music, but I don't always run with it and never in races anymore. But sometimes I do use it in training and I have specific playlists specifically for it when I do. But I need an upbeat Christmas list, I do love love Christmas music that is a great idea!!!!
    However even if I don't always use it when I run, who is the girl rocking it out and belting it out in her car? That would be me, with no regard to my friends or nieces and nephews ears at my totally off pitch sound LOL
    I even listen to music most the time as I fall a sleep at night. Music is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sing in the car without anyone caring. I'll also drum my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. I'll blast Disney songs too and there won't be a kid around for miles.

      Delete