Thursday, October 22, 2015

Yoga With a Cat

Ever do yoga at home, with the help of a cat?  Since I've been building my own yoga routines, Monday nights have become my yoga nights.  It feels good to stretch out, and I'm using the yoga method I love the best.  Steady, flowing yoga that moves into the next pose, and hits the muscles that need attention.  The one drawback?  I need my cheat sheet so I know which pose comes next.  With DVDs, the cat sits on the couch, entranced by the yoga voice.  Not so much with a free piece of paper.  This cute little girl makes yoga a participatory activity.


Thankfully, she gives me my space and only goes after the cheat sheet.  All my cheat sheets are crumpled, and I have to put them in a big envelope to protect them.  She doesn't participate with me, just runs interference so I can't see what I'm supposed to do next.  One of my parents' cats makes it a full participatory activity, and must be involved at every second.


It doesn't matter if the pose is a standing pose, twisting pose, downward dog, on the floor, he's there and must assist.





Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

12 comments:

  1. I can relate! Every time I get my yoga mat out my labrador has to lay right on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They want to be with their humans :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! A friend actually got me a funny book about doing yoga with your cat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that's funny. I know if I'm on the floor, she wants to help.

      Delete
  3. That is cute! Years ago when I had my dog, he always wanted to get in my business if I was ever trying to do stretching or really anything. Animals are cute!
    On the subject but off the subject, I visited my sisters last night they just got a new kitten and I didn't realize how much I like cats until I held it, it just wanted to snuggle up in my jacket for hours, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How adorable. We have kittens in my complex every so often, and I see the mom out there with them.

      Delete
  4. SO ADORABLE!!! Our pets always want to be involved with us, no matter what we are doing. It's very sweet and endearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! At least I get still get my yoga done. I know some cats are so affectionate, they hinder the yoga. But in a cute way.

      Delete
  5. Hahah funny! I can't even imagine what my cats would do. It was bad enough when I used to try ab workouts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie keeps me company when I'm foam rolling and stretching, but not while I'm doing yoga. She'll just go after my sheets.

      Delete
  6. Uggh! My cat is always in my way when I'm doing down dog or planking, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the most, Allie will lay down on the ground and I might have to work around her. She does not participate fully though.

      Delete