Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Next Race

After using the Showdown 5k as a measuring stick to see where I am, I've scheduled my next 5k to use as another yard stick.  With the weather turning to fall and my recovery week done, I'm going to start getting outside more for my weekend runs.  I'm going to start at the track in case any flare ups happen and I can stop and get to more car without having to keep going to get back to my car.  I've cancelled my gym membership, and I can apply some of that to another PB class, and I'm going to get running more often during the week to keep building my durability.

http://www.runproject.org/race/pumpkin-spice-5k10k15k

November 21st.


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! Hope your recovery continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to run yesterday but it wasn't pretty!

      Delete
  2. Very exciting and just a month away! The name makes it sound like a fun run too, maybe they'll have pumpkin spiced goodies at the finish for ya:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen anything about finish line goodies, but some of the swag is a mug, which I can always use.

      Delete
  3. Great plan!! Hope all goes well! Sounds like a fun race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get my run done before Thanksgiving and can sleep in while all the turkey trotters are trotting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to make progress from my last one.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your continued recovery and the race, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm back at training at least but the recovery week was good.

      Delete
  6. Yea for another race! I admit, I've never run on a track. I actually wish I knew where there was one close to my house. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This track is close but I still have to drive there. It's a nice track and good conditions.

      Delete
  7. Love the name of that Pumpkin spice race! I always felt like I could run better when I got outside to run. Good luck and good progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run better and faster, and I need to get outside more to run at that faster speed.

      Delete
  8. Good for you for having a plan. I can only imagine the post-race goodies at the Pumpkin Spice race. How fun! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said the finish line is Thanksgiving fun but no details yet.

      Delete
  9. Starting on the track is a great idea and I am going to suggest it to my husband as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of things I need to get used to again outside, so I'm going to start on a nice and flat surface before dealing with divets in the sidewalks.

      Delete