Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Race Week

It's been a long time since hit race week and approaching the final countdown.  Not that I forget how it's done.  Packet pickup starts tomorrow and goes through race morning.  I thought about picking up all my stuff race morning, but then I thought I could sleep in just a little bit more (ha! if I sleep in).


I had my final run on Sunday, with a good 2.5 miles.  Today is strength training, tomorrow is the chiro and Thursday is biking to get my legs moving without the pounding. 

The race series posted pictures of the race shirts and the 3 colors they come in.  There's the UT orange and OU red, and then neutral is a nice blue color.  Since I'm not repping either school in the Red River Rivalry, my shirt will be blue.  I'm repping my school and still enjoying that it doesn't have a football team.  We're undefeated since 1919.


Tuesdays on the Run with April, Patty, and Erika.

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, are you doing the Showdown? My friends are running the half. I think they picked neutral colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am! I've heard a lot of good things about the organization that does this and I thought the 5k would be perfect for my first race back.

      Delete
  2. Good luck at your race Lesley! I know you'll do great. I figure even if I can't sleep in race morning, picking up my packet is one less thing I have to think about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I don't know how many people will wait for race day either and I'd be stressed out I wouldn't get it in time.

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your entire race experience this week!
    It probably won't happen, but if possible I do hope you get to sleep in a little that day!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will, but I know people who can't sleep well, no matter how many races they have under their belt.

      Delete
  4. Chiro for me tomorrow too! But I do have one more easy run on Thursday. Looks to be a good day for it, too.

    Good luck & run happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about an easy run but I want my legs to feel rested and ready to go Saturday.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be fun to get back in the swing of things.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's already here.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got my bib number ready for pickup.

      Delete