Friday, October 2, 2015

October Will Be Busy

We're only on the second day of October but already this month seems packed full of stuff to do. 


1) This weekend I can pick up my season tickets for our ECHL team.  They have a meet the team event tomorrow and ticket pick up as well.  The season ended back in June and already the new season is coming up.  Then Sunday the Cinemark Classic Series is showing the Princess Bride.  I don't care what else is going on that afternoon, I'm going to the movie.  There's nothing like seeing a favorite on the big screen.

2) Next weekend is my 5k, and it will be the first race I'm running in over two years.  I did a 5k on the treadmill Wednesday and wore what I'm going to wear for that 5k.  Everything felt great and no chafing (knock on wood).

3) The weekend after that is the ECHL team's home opener, and my dad is visiting that weekend as well.  I have his ticket and once I pick up mine, we'll be all set for the game.

4) The 4th weekend this month is the only one I don't have booked full.  FCD has their last home game of the season that weekend, but outside of that, I may want to put my feet up. 

5) And finally, I'm going to a wedding reception on Halloween.  There's also a race series in Fort Worth with a 5k, that I'm bantering back and forth about.  The reception isn't until Halloween evening so I have the whole day free until then.

Whew! right?  September flew by and even though I'll be busy almost every weekend, I hope October slows down a bit.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fun, busy month! I love the Princess Bride - of course it's funnier now that I'm older and understand the jokes! Good luck on your 5K!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that movie. The story's great and the dialogue is brilliant.

      Delete
  2. Have a fantastic 5K! I hope you enjoy being back out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having fun training for it. So far so good.

      Delete
  3. September did really fly by. With everything going on in October for you I'm sure it'll go just as fast. I am looking forward going to Nashville next wk to see my best friend from college. Then I have 50 miler relay race at the end of the mth. Hope you 5k goes well next wkend and the weather cooperates for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October is usually pretty busy. The weather's normally great and I need to take advantage of it.

      Delete
  4. A very busy month for sure!
    I always get a smile when people get married on Halloween, it's not my thing but some people who do have a seriously great sense of humor!
    My cousin (who didn't hire me, LOL) had a Halloween wedding and the bride was decked out in Spider and Scull jewelery and they handed out trick or treat bags to the guests as they left, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two friends love Halloween, and they're encouraging kids to dress up for the reception.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your race next weekend! And good idea to test out your race day outfit. You never want any surprises on race day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tank top has had a couple training runs but I wanted to make sure everything felt good.

      Delete
  6. i've been to a halloween wedding before and it was super fun. have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're encouraging kids to dress up but I want to get something like cat ears to partake in the celebrations.

      Delete