Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Yoga for Running

Today is Tuesdays on the Run, and I wanted to post my favorite poses since I've been taking up yoga a bit more and really stretching out my muscles.  No pictures of me doing the poses, but I did get a picture of Allie "helping" with my cheat sheet yesterday :)


I try to hold these poses as much as possible, to let me muscle fatigue and relax more into the poses.  I don't include them all in each of the routines I've made, but there will always be at least a couple to work on my tight spots.

Runner's Lung

Frog

Forward bends

Pigeon

Pyramid

Revolved Triangle

I love the flowing, stretching type yoga and try to get poses in that will help me stretch out after sitting all day at work.  All of these poses really help target areas that need stretching, and I just discovered the revolved triangle.  I don't know if I feel my IT band, but the stretch runs from my glutes, to my knee and sometimes into my calf. 


Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia.

14 comments:

  1. Yoga is great, especially for runners. When I did yoga regularly, it was really great for my hips. I really need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm doing yoga on my own, it's much easier to set a day during the week and do it.

      Delete
  2. I really love yoga! Especially pigeon; one of my favorite poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get pigeon in a lot of my routines. It targets so many muscles and I'm perfectly fine holding it for a while.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, these are great! Pigeon is my favorite! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done yoga. I need/want to though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been good at sustaining a yoga routine but hopefully I can. I feel much better after all the stretching.

      Delete
  5. I never do yoga. I need to start doing it. I know the stretching will help w my running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it has helped with mine, and I can stretch my IT band at the same time.

      Delete
  6. I don't do yoga, but I love pigeon pose. it really stretches out the parts that need stretching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I don't think I'll get my front leg straight, but I don't worry since that's not the point of pigeon.

      Delete
  7. These are some of my favorites as well! I love getting some stretching in after sitting at work all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These stretches make my legs feel so good. I know they don't sit as much but I don't have much of a choice at work.

      Delete