Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mumo Jumbo

Another Thursday for Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.


Tonight, I get to usher in October with the season premier of Sleepy Hollow.  I'm getting Halloween stuff lined up and of course this show falls right in line.  There's Sleepy Hollow the show and Sleepy Hollow the movie.  My favorite live-action Tim Burton film.  I think it's classic Burton and I love watching it every year.  Of course there's the Great Pumpkin, Nightmare Before Christmas, and so on.  This year I want to buy Hocus Pocus.  I DVR it on ABC Family but it's filled with commercials.  Amazon has it for $5 so if I can't find it near me, that's where I'll go.

*****

I found out very recently one of the mystery series I read has been terminated by the publisher.  NOOOO!  If anyone's interested, it's the India Black series.  There are 4 novels and two novellas, and I wanted more.  I love it.  But the publisher decided they didn't want more, and I wish the author would publish independently, in the future.  I've heard some authors are going down that path and cutting out the publishing industry.  With the electronic age, I think it's something worth considering.


*****

I'm type-A, big time, and even though my 5k is in 1.5 weeks, I printed out a training plan for the Tink 10k and figured if I can maintain 3 miles, I can start training in February.  The Galloway plan doesn't leave much for tapering though, so I could back it up to the actual start day of training (with 1.5 miles) and give myself some cushion.


And trust, my type-A came out because I wrote it all down on 2016 month calendars and mapped out when to take Pure Barre as well.  I was bored with downtime at work and I made busy work.

*****

Last month I discovered a webpage called Pocket Yoga, and man it's such a time waster.  I'm not a yoga instructor at all, and I can't do the advanced poses, but I've built some of my own yoga routines and it's been fun.  My favorite type of yoga is the flowing stretching type, and I've been putting that into the routines.  When I know certain muscles need to be worked, I look up poses to see what I can do.  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Pocket Yoga! I have a few yoga DVDs at home, but I get bored with doing the same routines over and over. The yoga classes I take in my fitness center are not always focused on my trouble areas, either. So it'll be great to build some of my own personalized routines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I've been building my own. The DVDs are the same routine, and my gym's schedule isn't conducive to my schedule.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy watching Sleepy Hollow tonight.
    I think your to rock your upcoming race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a short preview online, less than a minute, but it has my interest. I need to know why they are where they are in the preview.

      Delete
  3. Love this time of the year for movies! It's a tradition to watch Nightmare Before Christmas for me, but I think I need to add Sleepy Hollow to that list. And can you believe that I don't think I've ever seen Hocus Pocus? Definitely have to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't originally like Hocus Pocus but it's grown on me over the years. It's another fun movie to watch during Halloween season.

      Delete