Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday Musings 10/5

We hit October and the weather shifted just like that.  It was gorgeous this weekend.  I had places to drive and I purposefully took the long way each time so I could drive with my windows and sunroof open.  When I was home, I had the windows and back door open so someone could park herself in front of the screen door.


She loves looking outside and add in all the outside smells, she's quite content.  Then she'll start running around the apartment like a crazy cat and when she's done, she'll sprawl out in the sun.

The cool weather also meant I could make chili Saturday night.  I had two hockey games to go to, Friday and Saturday, and after I nearly froze to an icicle Friday night, I needed something hearty to keep me warm from the inside.  Either it worked, or the arena found the right temperature that keeps the ice in tact but doesn't freeze out the fans.


I'm excited for this week too.  Wednesday I have my monthly chiro appointment to make sure everything is good before my 5k, and get taped up, then Thursday I'll pick up my race packet.  I have my bib number too :-)  It's been a while since I've been able to do the pre-race ritual, and I'm very happy.

Sunday was a movie afternoon.  After going to Cinemark to watch the Princess Bride, I went home and watched Chariots of Fire during dinner.  It's so funny to see what people used to run in.  I know they used what they had, but I can't stop thinking about the chafing and blisters.  


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.


*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: Iron Strength core routine

Wednesday: 3.1 miles

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 2.5 miles, arms strengthening

20 comments:

  1. Getting ready fo a race can be so nerve racking. Stay calm and you will be just fine. This weekend I finally saw Cinderella which I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Also watched Wedding Ringer. ...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have Cinderella on my Netflix, just for the Frozen short...

      Delete
  2. You have a big week coming up, good luck this weekend Lesley!!!!
    Sounds like a fun weekend, I broke a few more of my nephews and niece into some older movies I used to enjoy (and still do). Great times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Start them early with the good movies :)

      Delete
  3. GL in your upcoming race. I miss the warm temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still getting warm temps with a swing back up this week.

      Delete
  4. Good luck at the race! I hope everything looks good and you can run pain-free. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I don't think I need the Rock Tape but it's a safety blanket.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy to hear you are having tolerable temps now! Hope they stick around for your race!!!

    Data LOVES looking out the front door! We have to be careful, cause he gets so agitated that he can't play with all the critters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie's OK with that. She hasn't been outside in a few years so I'm not sure she'd know what to do.

      Delete
  6. Yup, one day it was summer & the next it was almost winter. And I made chili too! And it really helped me thaw out after this weekend's long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to break out the fall recipes. They make a lot so then I have leftovers, which helps during the week.

      Delete
  7. We had the same thoughts as I fixed Chili this weekend too! Hope everything goes well at the Dr for your 5K!!! Appreciate you linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like quite a few people made chili this weekend. It was perfect for it so of the two big meals I was making, I chose chili on Saturday.

      Delete
  8. Its definitely chili season! I can't wait to pull the slow cooker out and make our first batch of the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that smells wonderful when it's cooking.

      Delete
  9. Your cat has such a personality. I made chili too! It was so good, especially topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Oh, and cornbread on the side. I hope you have a good chiro visit. Enjoy all the pre-race rituals AND the race too. Good luck. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made cornbread too, how could I not? I joke that it's Texas law that cornbread is required with chili.

      Delete
  10. That chili looks delicious! Hope your 5K went well! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I need to work on my seasoning, but it's tasty and certainly keeps me warm.

      Delete