Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday Musings 10/26

This weekend was a complete 180 from last weekend, and it was lazy and glorious.  I did get workouts done, but between said workouts, I didn't do much of anything.  Saturday was a gray, rainy day that was screaming for soup, so I made tortilla soup that night, and Sunday was gray but not raining.  FC Dallas had a game, so no soup to simmer on the stove.


Pure Barre was taught by a teacher whose classes are very challenging, and I was pleasantly surprised that my legs weren't as sore Sunday as I was expecting.  Maybe I'm getting used to things?  I doubt it since my quads still struggle with those exercises in class.  Since I cancelled my gym membership, I do want to get a third PB class in each month.  Between PB and building up stuff for a mini-home gym (I bought a workout barbell), I hope to have lots of stuff to strength train with that doesn't involve an actual gym.

Last week I decided to try another mystery series, one I started to read but didn't get in to the first time around.  I think when I tried reading its first book, I needed a break from mysteries and moved back to novels.  That had to be it because I've read the first two books and bought the third one.  In fact, I bought the second book Friday night and had it done Saturday night.  When I don't do much Saturday, and the cat demands to snuggle four different times, I read.


Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: 2 miles

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: 2.3 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday: Pure Barre

Sunday: 2 miles

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love snuggle time with the fur babies! :) It was terribly gloomy here as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, gloomy! It didn't rain yesterday but it was raining Saturday. Made me very lazy :)

      Delete
  2. Your cat looks so sweet! If I sit down, both of my dogs are snuggling with me. They help me write blog posts too. Kudos for building a mini gym at home. I'm afraid I wouldn't be motivated enough to use it. It's very gloomy here today and I think tortilla soup would hit the spot. I appreciate you linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the fitness room and workout DVDs for home. I don't have a lot, but they're pieces I know I'll use.

      Delete
  3. It was a beautiful weekend here but I made soup anyway. My second time making home made chicken noodle soup. Let's just say it wasn't as good as the first time. Scott loved it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good though. I love making soup in the fall and winter since it simmers and fills the home with it's delicious smell.

      Delete
  4. Lazy and glorious are the best weekends!!! Glad you got to relax a little!
    I do the same with books sometimes if I read too much of the same thing I need to take a break and come back later:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a years long break, but now I can't stop reading the series. I know I need to take a break after book 3 so I don't get tired of them again.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good week! I am also on a mission to not have to join an actual gym. Im hoping I can survive the winter without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't using my gym so no point in paying the monthly payments. I want to try to see what I can do outside it.

      Delete
  6. Great weekend it sounds like, lazy or not! I'd to have you tortilla soup recipe, if it's easy, lol. Setting up a home gym would be awesome! I wish I had an extra room to fill it. It was great here Saturday but started raining Sunday afternoon and has not slacked up! Heard something funny they said in MS where we can go from burn ban to wake zone in less than 24 hrs. Bahahaha, glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy. I'll post it later this week. There is some prep, but once everything's in the pot and simmering, you're done.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great week and relaxing weekend! The rain started here yesterday and probably won't be gone until tomorrow. My husband made a new soup last night, cheeseburger soup. It's a lot like potato soup only he added hamburger meat and velveeta cheese. Tortilla soup is still one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soups are relatively easy and I can continue to be lazy while it's cooking.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes you just need a relaxing weekend thrown in for good measure. I love making soup or something similar in the crock pot on gray, rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloomy weather definitely puts me in a cooking/baking mood. I cooked again this past weekend with more rain coming down.

      Delete