Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Musings 10/19

What a busy weekend!  My dad came to visit and we were busy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  But first, take a look at the right panel.  Notice anything?  I started adding some gadgets to the blog while I'm trying to find ways to add my blog's social media icons.  Anyone on Blogger have any advice?


This week was spent as recovery, sometimes even a forced recovery.  That's good though.  I want to get back at it again but I needed to give my body a chance to recover from this past training cycle.  I was itching to get back so bad so on Thursday I hopped on the bike and did 4 miles.

Then Dad visited.  I'm kind of tired this Monday morning but it was a fun weekend.  Friday we went to the Allen Americans' home opener, where they raised the championship banner.  The team was a little rusty but it was only the first game.  I know they'll get better with practice and the chaos of preseason is over.


Saturday we went to Addison to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum.  I discovered this museum last November and tucked it away for Dad's next visit.  Voila, here it is.  If any of y'all are in to aviation history, this museum has some great planes.   They also offer rides in the planes, but the only affordable one is a Korean-era helicopter, like you see in the opening of MASH.  Sorry, I'm not getting in a helicopter.  I hate flying enough as it is.








Sunday we went down to the Bush Library at SMU.  This is the third presidential library I've visited, though I don't exactly remember the first one, which was Eisenhower's.  I think I was in elementary school so a lot of it was over my head.  That one's in Kansas so I should go back since I'll understand a whole lot more.  The second one was HW Bush's in College Station.


Dad also bought me wine, which I'm in favor of :-)  We had a Chardonnay from Grgich Hills, Grgich being the wine maker for Chateau Montelena when they won the Judgement of Paris.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: bike 4 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

Sunday: rest

16 comments:

  1. What a fun week! Glad you had fun with your dad!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun weekend but over too quickly. Monday hurt.

      Delete
  2. If you want a very quick easy tool to install on Blogger that you can put all your social media account buttons on, the one I use is great an it also provides the stats (if you like that kind of stuff.)
    Here is the link: https://www.addthis.com/get/follow#.UhfYkNKTgao
    I just use the free follow buttons on it myself. It's as quick as just copy and paste your links into it, then it will give you the code to put into your HTML on your side bar and save and done:)
    There are lots more out on the market though, if you don't like the ones on Add This.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check that out this weekend when I have time to experiment. I've wanted to add my social media but the Google gadgets don't have them.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good weekend with your dad! Love that dog statue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a statue of their cat too but I didn't think to take a picture. I loved watching Barney and Miss Beasley on Barney cam.

      Delete
  4. That looks like a fun museum! Glad to hear you had a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the presidential libraries, but besides the ones in Texas, I don't live near any other one.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your recovery period, even if it feels forced. You'll be training again in no time! How fun to spend the weekend with your Dad. I don't think I've been to one presidential library, unless I was very young. I appreciate you linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it felt forced, other days it felt good to relax. I'm ready to start up slowly again to my next 5k.

      Delete
  6. It looks like you had a great weekend with your dad! Monday's are for resting after a busy weekend anyway! I know you are in recovery but What is up next for you? I have never been to a presidential library, but I would love to go to Ronald Ragans. I think that would be so cool! Thanks for linking up with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone who has been to Reagan's and loved it. I have another 5k next month to use as another test.

      Delete
  7. A sleepy Monday is a sign of a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fun weekend, but not too tiring. I've had Mondays where my energy stores start on empty. That's a long week.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a great recovery week, even if it was forced. I've never been to a Presidential library. My cousin graduated from SMU. How neat they have one there! I googled the social media icons and found several free options with the URL's that you can just copy and paste into your gadgets tool. I don't know how to explain it step by step but it really wasn't hard to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll Google too and play around with it. I do additions in spurts but the social media is the last one I know I want to do.

      Delete