Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday Musings 10/12

Tomorrow I'll post my 5k recap, but for now, I'm sticking with the Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.



After my race, I did a lot of stretching, and I had help foam rolling.  OK, her version of help.  I wanted to recover well and I could already tell where the soreness was creeping in, and finding knots with the lacrosse ball.  Recovery also meant an hour-long nap after lunch, with Allie.  She can curl up very small and likes to snooze with me.


The rest of Saturday was low-key.  I did go to the liquor store since I needed tequila for a marinade I was making Sunday, and the liquor stores are closed Sundays.  I can get a lot of groceries, but I needed to get that.  Since it was for a marinade I got the small bottles.  I like margaritas but wine is my go to.  The recipe was for Caribbean island lime shrimp.  I made it with white rice, the Red Lobster biscuits and pineapple chunks.  You should have seen the mess in the kitchen.  I try to clean as I wrap up stuff, but there was still a lot to clean up once I was done.


I started my Halloween movies too.  Since there's never much on TV Friday nights, I watched Hocus Pocus while I relaxed before my race.  I will admit, I was not a fan of the movie when I was a kid, but I love it now.  How can you not like Winifred?  That is a role you can have fun with, and Bette Midler certainly had fun.  Next up is Little Shop of Horrors from Netflix.  That will probably arrive Tuesday.

*****

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: lower body strength training

Wednesday: chiro appointment

Thursday: packet pick up

Friday: rest

Saturday: 5k - 3.18 on my Garmin

Sunday: Pure Barre

12 comments:

  1. Yum...the shrimp looks and sounds delicious!! I'm with you - I didn't care much for Hocus Pocus as a kid, but have grown to like it as an adult! Glad you had a good weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those that didn't do well until home video. Now that it's shown every October, I make a point to watch it.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your race recap! Good job getting in foam rolling and relaxing afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt accomplished with a morning race. I could take my time and work out the knots.

      Delete
  3. I definitely plan on watching Hocus Pocus this month too:) But I actually did like it as a kid, but even more as an adult if that is weird. I wish I could go to Disneyland this month and see the live play they do outside at the park, I think that would be a fun one!
    Looking forward to your race recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Sanderson sisters are a part of MNSSHP this year. I really really hope they keep them in the show, and not just have them this year.

      Delete
  4. Ha I try an get in a few good horror movies to wet my appetite for Halloween! What in the world did we do before Netflix??? Yay on your race and can't wait to read the recap. I am just getting into the habit of using a foam roller and I am beginning to be able to tell when my muscles feel normal vs tight and sore using the roller. I hope it will really help me. I was out of town this weekend and didn't take it and I sooo missed it . I ran 7 miles then hopped in a car for about a 5.5 hour drive. :( I do have a date with it tonight though! Hope you have a good week and thanks for linking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is so much easier than Blockbuster and I can see if something has a wait label. Much better, and it comes through the mail :)

      Delete
  5. Your shrimp looks delicious! I am addicted to my foam roller. I can always tell when I've skipped a day or two. I can't wait to hear about your 5k race. I like horror movies. But it seems when I sit down to watch TV - I doze off and I don't want to! I appreciate you linking up with us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a new foam roller Saturday too. I've had my current one for a year, and it's still working, but the middle is warped since I use it daily.

      Delete
  6. Your shrimp looks tasty! I love those Red Lobster biscuits! I have a love-hate relationship with my foam roller. I don't use it near as often as I should. I enjoyed reading your 5K recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use mine every day to keep up with new knots and kinks. I bought a new one so now I have three foam rollers, a Stick and a lacrosse ball.

      Delete