Friday, October 30, 2015

Favorite Halloween Costumes

Tomorrow is Halloween and today's Friday Five is a freebie.  Sadly I don't have pictures, but I'm going to list out my favorite Halloween costumes.


1) I'm not your typical girly-girl, and I've always loved villains in movies.  The story would be quite dull without them.  One of my favorite movies growing up was the Wizard of Oz, and one year in pre-school, I chose to be the Wicked Witch of the West.  I even had green face paint, but my parents didn't put it on my hands.  It would've ended up every where.  All the other girls in my class (I've been told) were princesses and fairies.

2) I went as a pirate two different years.  My favorite Disney villain was Captain Hook, and I liked the notion of pirates.  They seemed to have more fun in movies.

3) My friend and I went dressed up as hippies one year, but this was the first year I had to wear a jacket over my costume.  Wait what?  Yeah, thanks Wisconsin.  The first Halloween there wasn't that bad, and I got away with no jacket.  Not that year.  What's the point of costumes if you have to wear a jacket over them?

4) One of my last costumes was as Athena.  I had a stuffed animal owl too so Bubo was included.

5) Finally, not my costume, but in college one of my friends went as a mammogram machine.  It was college, what can I say.  We helped him put it all together and it was epic.  He had other great Halloween costumes, but that one's my favorite.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..mammogram is so creative! I wish you had a picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did but sadly never transferred it off the computer I had at the time.

      Delete
  2. Love it and the mammogram machine is hilarious! I like you on occasion love a great villain. I have an awesome queen of hearts costume that I made. I was working in a bridal dress department and took a Jessica McClintock iridescent red dress and converted it. So many I worked with thought I was crazy destroying a designer dress lol but I got it pretty cheap:) I would love to wear it but it is a size 6 and right now I am not:( Maybe next year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great costume. How can people not like villains? They make the story interesting.

      Delete
  3. Your story of the wicked witch with the green face brought back a memory from grade school. We were suppose to color a witches face and I did not have a green crayon so I mixed two colors together to make green. I thought I was being clever but my teacher wrote a note saying "I know you can do better than this". Apparently my teacher never saw the Wizard of OZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could they never have seen the Wizard of Oz? I still watch it and love the Wicked Witch of the West.

      Delete
  4. A mammogram machine? Hilarious! There are too many Glendas in this world. Kudos for going as the wicked witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I might dress like a pirate at the Think 10k. It goes with the theme and it's not a fairy.

      Delete