Friday Five and it's all about fall foods. If the fall weather would actually get here (cough, cough!) I can get out my fall recipes and go to town. I like making big meals because it means I have leftovers in the fridge, making dinners during the week that much easier.
1) Chili. I already got my recipe for chili out, and it won't be the last. I got enough for 3 meals in the leftovers, plus the cornbread. As long as I have chili leftovers, I have to have corn bread leftovers too.
2) Soups/stews. These are fun to cook. They have to simmer at some point, which means the smell seeps throughout the house and fills it up with yummy stuff. I have tortilla soup and chowder recipes that make a ton.
3) One-pot meals. I got my grandmother's Dutch oven, and it's fantastic! Soups and stews can be one-pot meals, but there are others too. If I only have to clean up one pot when everything's done, bonus. I have recipes where I use every pan I've got and I want elves to come in during the night and clean it all up.
4) Crock-pot. A combo of one-pot meals that simmer for hours. Oh boy! Plus with crock pot liners, just pick it up and throw it out. Clean and done!
5) Hot chocolate. I love sitting down after dinner with a hot cup of cocoa, made with milk. Since I started making hot chocolate with milk years ago, I can't make it with water. It's too thin and lacks flavor.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!