Friday, October 16, 2015

Fall Recipes

Friday Five and it's all about fall foods.  If the fall weather would actually get here (cough, cough!) I can get out my fall recipes and go to town.  I like making big meals because it means I have leftovers in the fridge, making dinners during the week that much easier.

1) Chili.  I already got my recipe for chili out, and it won't be the last.  I got enough for 3 meals in the leftovers, plus the cornbread.  As long as I have chili leftovers, I have to have corn bread leftovers too.


2) Soups/stews.  These are fun to cook.  They have to simmer at some point, which means the smell seeps throughout the house and fills it up with yummy stuff.  I have tortilla soup and chowder recipes that make a ton.

3) One-pot meals.  I got my grandmother's Dutch oven, and it's fantastic!  Soups and stews can be one-pot meals, but there are others too.  If I only have to clean up one pot when everything's done, bonus.  I have recipes where I use every pan I've got and I want elves to come in during the night and clean it all up.

4) Crock-pot.  A combo of one-pot meals that simmer for hours.  Oh boy!  Plus with crock pot liners, just pick it up and throw it out.  Clean and done!

5) Hot chocolate.  I love sitting down after dinner with a hot cup of cocoa, made with milk.  Since I started making hot chocolate with milk years ago, I can't make it with water.  It's too thin and lacks flavor.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

10 comments:

  1. I could go for all of these right about now! I love fall foods but they always make me feel so full. Definitely not ideal for swimsuit season ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they make me feel full. I don't have to eat as much but there's a good variety with every dish.

      Delete
  2. Yes to ALL the crock pot meals, Lesley! We would probably starve without a crock pot at our house - ha! Hope things cool down for you soon and that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my crock pot. I'm still discovering meals I want to try and it's so easy. Some do call for a little bit of cooking, but I love that I can throw all the ingredients in and set it.

      Delete
  3. one pot meals = THE BEST! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy! I will clean up as I'm cooking but I love it when I only have to clean one big pot.

      Delete
  4. Crock pot meals are so easy. Love the liners. It makes clean up so much easier. I don't think I could ever make anything in their without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the liners until recently. Such a wonderful invention!

      Delete
  5. Chili is a great fall recipe. I love making a big batch of it and having tons of leftovers for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll use it for dinners so when I get home after working out, I don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

      Delete