Thursday, October 8, 2015

3 Things Thursday

I'm trying my hand at 3 Things Thursday this week, and it works perfectly since I have 3 things to write about :-)  It's always good when things fall in to place.

1) It's hockey season!  I think of Sheldon playing Dungeons and Dragons when I hit hockey season every year.  It means fall really is here and it's time to pull out the sweatshirts and jackets because, let's face it: it can get pretty cold in hockey arenas.  Friday I almost turned into a icicle.


2) Since I started building my own yoga routines, I've been testing them out which means I'm doing yoga more.  I can focus on what I need to work on and bring in new poses.  I'm nowhere near to hitting the advanced poses but I can do beginner through intermediate poses so I have a wide range to chose from.  It's fun to read about the poses and find which ones would work best with what I'm trying to achieve.  I put each workout in Excel, write down how many breathes I want to hold the poses for and then print them out.  I have 5 at home to work on.


3) I'm going to start hunting for another pair of the Asics shoes I wear.  No offense to them, but every year, when the new shoes come out, I get worried.  The GT 2000 3's are working magnificently and I'm not ready to start thinking about the 4's.  Women's Running Magazine had a preview but didn't really mention what changes are going to happen.  I learned with the first GT 2000 shoes that changes don't mean for the better, so I want to get another pair of 3's to use when I'm training for the Tink 10k.

6 comments:

  1. I like your three thing Thursday. I hate when you find the perfect shoes and then they stop making them or have to make a new model and it's just not the same. Hopefully you will be able to find another pair. Try amazon or ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We an Asics outlet store that I want to check out. It's close to where I'm picking up my race bib so it's worth a shot.

      Delete
  2. I also hate it when you find the "perfect" shoes and then they're discontinued. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asics did that when they switched their line from the 21xx series to the GT 2000. The first model was not a good fit, so I want at least one more pair of the 3's.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes definitely go grab a few pairs if you can afford them. My most hated thing is finding a great show I love and then have them change the style before I get back to stock up:) Have fun this weekend at your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do they change things? If they have a good thing going, don't mess with it!

      Delete