Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thinking Out Loud 9/10

Ah September.  It takes so long to get here when summer's in full swing, and then there's so much to do before the end of the year.  Every year I have Christmas and birthdays to worry about once I get to this point in the year, and I get my lists out.  I already have ideas for some people, which will entail wine.  If you tell me you don't need anything, you'll still get something.  My grandmother says that all the time to my mom and I won't fall for that.


And now that it's September, Starbucks will start shoving pumpkin stuff in our direction.  I haven't been to Starbucks yet so I don't know what our branches are doing, but I don't like pumpkin.  I've never been a fan and then the sudden popularity of the pumpkin spice latte...  How many calories is that again?  I'll stick with my tea.  It's flavored, caffeinated water.  As they say in Doctor Who: "tea fixes everything."

I also figure if Starbucks and craft stores can shove pumpkin-whatever in our faces, I can get my Halloween playlist out.  It's a favorite, and I seem to have good runs when I've got it on.  I try to hold out until October to put out Halloween decorations (because I LOVE Halloween), but the playlist comes out earlier.  It's healthier than the PSL anyway.


Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

10 comments:

  1. HAHHA the no presents thing is DEFINITELY a trap. I tell my husband that every year... oops ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my mom this time instead of my grandmother. I'm really not falling for that.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of pumpkin either! It feels so early for Halloween, considering its still in the 90s here, but somehow its just over a month away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I love fall but it needs to feel like fall.

      Delete
  3. I used to be really into Pumpkin Spice lattes, but not so much anymore. I might try to make my own this year so I can adjust the taste and make it a little healthier. I'm ready for pumpkin beer though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure pumpkin beer has fewer calories.

      Delete
  4. We were at Starbucks last Friday (i'm not a regular visitor) and the PSL was not out yet but they had a strawberry shortcake frappe that I loved! It a limited time so I need to get back there and have another one before it goes away for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some areas do have PSL already so maybe it depends on the region?

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah it's pumpkin season! I only like a few pumpkin-flavored things. I don't even like pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like pumpkin either. I'm very much an apple person.

      Delete