Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September's Virtual Challenge

Tomorrow is the last day of September and the virtual challenge I signed up for is wrapping up.  I received my medal (which is great!) and I reported my 5k time and core work.  With today's upcoming 20-minute core workout, I will have done 302 minutes of core this month.  Pure Barre classes helped a lot, since most of the class focuses on what this challenge considered core: abs, low back, glutes, hips and hamstrings.


To date, I've also run 19.6 miles, and I have one more run tomorrow, to wrap up September.  That's the most mileage in a month since my injury 2+ years ago.  I'm feeling good, and I hope October will be even better.  I have my 5k on the 10th, which is amazing.  I signed up for it in April, and now we're less than two weeks away.  I have a chiro appointment next week and I'll ask to get taped up for the race.  Just in case.


Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome job this month!! You've done an amazing job - that's a lot of minutes!! I'm glad your injury is better, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's been a slow process but this month has been a good one.

      Delete
  2. Wow! 302 minutes of core work for the mth is awesome. Isn't it funny how time flies. I'm sure when you signed up in April you felt like it was so far away and now it's right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my normal core work too, and I didn't realize how many minutes a month I spend on it.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! I need to take a look at more virtual races...I did one a few months ago and it was fun! Congrats on your mileage and good luck on your next race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was fun, and I like that I had options for what distance I wanted to run.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome, you've come such a long way. I think you will do awesome in your race I am looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I can't help but be nervous about it though. My first one to run in over two years.

      Delete
  5. Great job this month! That's a lot of core work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since they included more muscles than I usually do, I did a lot of it. I've always put buns and thighs with leg work.

      Delete
  6. Great month! And what a cool medal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wanted a medal and was more than willing to pay for it. Everything but the registration fee was an add-on option.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, I was really looking forward to it. It's crazy that it's now over.

      Delete