Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Rule #96: Aim

It's not quite a "goals" post, but what I'm aiming for gives me some wiggle room.  How about that?

August was a good month since I was able to continue building mileage.  I hope to do the same with September.


Yesterday marked the first day of Run the Edge's virtual challenge.  It's core work through the month, and it turns out, core work also includes the glutes, hips, hamstrings and low back.  So all of the strengthening exercises I've been doing qualify as core.  Sweet!  Throw in everything from Pure Barre except the upper body, and that qualifies as core minutes too.  The posted workout consisted of many exercises I'm already doing, so I upped the reps right away.

I do want to work on my speed work a little bit, and maybe get outside for a couple runs.  If the weather's nice, I'll tape up my leg and head on out.  My 5k next month will be outside, and I need to prep for that.  The treadmill can only do so much, and I need to find out where my cardio stands when I'm off the cardio machines.

Lastly, I want it to be fall soon so I can enjoy the crisp autumn air.  It's difficult each year knowing fall is delayed in the South, but that won't stop me.  Not this year.  If I need to put in some Halloween movies, so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment