Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Favorite Dean Jones Movie

Sadly, I saw yesterday that Dean Jones passed away on Tuesday.  For you Disney fans, he was in movies like the Love Bug, which Cinemark already scheduled to show this weekend.  But my favorite film with Dean Jones is Disney's Blackbeard's Ghost.


If you're looking for a lighthearted, live-action Disney comedy, I highly recommend this.  It stars Dean Jones, Peter Ustinov and Suzanne Pleshette, with Elsa Lanchester and Richard Deacon.

Award-winning actor Peter Ustinov stars in this hilarious fantasy as the ghost of the legendary pirate Blackbeard. The once blackhearted scoundrel materializes in a small New England town, cursed to wander in limbo until he performs a good deed. He gets his chance when he decides to help a local college track team ... that hasn't a ghost of a chance of winning! Blackbeard finds himself full of team spirit, and dispensing his own brand of invisible coaching ... in this warmhearted comedy that will have you laughing from his first fade-in to his final fade-out! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh I loved Blackbeards Ghost and Love Bug when I was a kid. They are awesome classics! I definitely need to make my niece and nephews watch these with me, I am going to go put them on hold at the library right now:) Thanks for the trip down memory lane:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both movies! I went so long not seeing the Love Bug and it was so refreshing to see it again.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this movie. I will have to put it on my list of movies to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. This is such a fun movie and of course since it's a ghost, a must on Halloween.

      Delete