Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday Musings 9/7

How has everyone's Labor Day weekend been?  Anyone participate in the DL races? Mine's been nice and relaxing, which me putting away my phone for Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday, and unplugging a bit.  I did hop on the computer a few times, but my goal was to unplug from my phone.  It's amazing how much time I waste each day on that thing.

Instead I raced through a book I bought Thursday night for my Kindle.  I couldn't put it down.  I read another book by the same author and while I liked it, I could put it down and take breaks.  This one I had to find out what happened next.  I read a couple chapters Thursday, read for my hour long lunch break, then came home and plowed through 3 hours of reading before taking a break, then finished it Saturday afternoon.


Tomorrow work is wrapping up year-end so I've made it through another tough stretch.  That's one main reason I wanted to pull away from my phone and get some R&R, because the last two weeks have been tough.  We've been staring down deadlines and we made it.  The stress was a good motivator though and I channeled that into my workouts.

I got my virtual run done twice over between my run on Wednesday and my run on Sunday.  I do have the bib but now pictures.  My "I don't sparkle, I sweat" shirt proved to be prophetic Sunday morning with the heat index, and there was plenty of evidence all over the shirt.  I pushed my pace from the beginning and kept increasing my pace by .01 with each mile.  My cardio is starting to feel really good too.


Lastly my friends and I got to see a preview show of a new musical, Moonshine: the her haw musical.  Its world premier is here in Dallas on the 18th and right now its having a preview run beforehand.  I found it quite funny so if anyone is in the Dallas area or it's successful enough to go on tour, I recommend it.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: rest

Tuesday: legs and core

Wednesday: 3.25 miles

Thursday: legs and core

Friday: rest

Saturday: yoga

Sunday: 3.1 miles

12 comments:

  1. I watched Hee Haw as a kid. I can quote things they used to say on that show! I had not heard they had a new musical based on that. Sounds very interesting. It's hard to imagine putting down the phone for a couple of days. Kudos to you. I'm glad your stressful time at work is just about over. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a show but the musical was hilarious.

      Delete
  2. Always good to have a good book to read. I loved hee haw as a kid, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't plowed through a book like that in a while. It felt good.

      Delete
  3. It always feels so good to unplug a bit, and I love reading a book that's so good you just can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading the book helped me stay unplugged.

      Delete
  4. The book sounds good - thanks for sharing! I'm adding it to my "must read" list! :) Glad you had some time to unplug and get away...those are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, and I do recommend it. I'm a history nut and it fed my nutty side.

      Delete
  5. Ooh that book sounds awesome -- I will have to add it to my reading list. Sounds like you've had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good weekend. My alarm came way too soon this morning :-/

      Delete
  6. It's good to unplug for a few days! I know your glad the year end is over at work! I would be too! Your virtual run sounds fun and I'd love the sparkle sweat shirt lol! I'm the same way Ha! Thanks for linking up with us this week. Trying to get caught up since my half and long weekend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was the last day so back to my normal monthly programming :)

      Delete