Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Musings 9/28

Last Monday of September.  Thursday I'll be able to start putting out the Halloween decorations, and Thursday also means the season premier of Sleepy Hollow.  I'm happy Fox renewed it for a 3rd season, and I'm excited to see where they go this season.  Last year it certainly had a sophomore slump, but I'm hoping they got those kinks out.


After dealing with some tight calves and maybe Runner's Knee, I was able to bang out 3.25 miles on Wednesday, which felt good.  My leg felt good, except for a bone bruise (?) but I knew it was the bruise.  Thursday I had an unexpected rest day but my hip was feeling tight so I tackled it with my lacrosse ball and extra stretches.  I'll call it an active rest day, and Friday was my scheduled rest day.  Saturday was a very strong 2.5-mile run.

To celebrate P&P's 20th anniversary, I decided to watch volume one on Friday and volume two on Saturday.  No wonder I'm a hopeless romantic.  I've got Mr. Darcy and I'm fine with that.


I also got Witness through Netflix and watched that Sunday night instead of football.  I hadn't seen it for a really long time, but if anyone is looking for a good Harrison Ford movie, check out Witness.  This weekend was all about putting my feet up (around working out) and watching movies.  I slept until 8am Saturday morning and 7am Sunday morning.  That is sleeping in for me, especially 8am on Saturday.  Allie's such a good cat too for letting me sleep.  Since she's a grazer, as long as she's got food in her dish, she's happy.

Weekly Wrap-up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin.

*****

Monday: rest

Tuesday: legs and core

Wednesday: 3.25 miles

Thursday: rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.5 miles

Sunday: Pure Barre

18 comments:

  1. *sigh* I just love P&P!! Glad you had a good weekend and a few good runs last week! Have a great Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist watching P&P after seeing it hit its 20th anniversary. What better way to celebrate?

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I slept late a few times this week which for me is anything after 5 am (thank you, Chester!). Gizmo isn't free fed, so he starts coming in if I'm not up on time, even though I don't feed him right away when I get up (just to discourage that behavior).

    He doesn't do anything, just comes in & out, and sometimes puts his paws on the bed & looks at me, apparently wondering why I haven't come to be his chair already?

    Sounds like a solid week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie's an only so I can leave food down for her during the night and she eats what she wants, when she wants. She lets me sleep unless she's eaten it all.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice restful weekend. I haven't had one like that in a long time due to travel for races and seeing friends. P&P is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed it since the weekend before was so busy. I started the work week off tired and it didn't get any better.

      Delete
  4. I slept late Sunday morning after the long day of wedding activities. I usually can't sleep too late either but my husband was restless going to bed and I was OUT but he thought he'd wake me up and moved to the couch which allowed me to sleep later! I started watching Season 1 of Sleepy Hollow I think it was on Hulu but then I got too far behind. I may try and pick it back up! Yay for Halloween coming up! Thanks for linking up with us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated a little too and got one decoration out at work. I couldn't help it, but I will save the rest for Thursday.

      Delete
  5. I used to love Sleepy Hollow, I completely forgot to watch it last season:(
    So I have to tell you, you ran a post a while back, talking about Blackbeards Ghost or older Disney movies, so I totally checked out Blackbeards as well as Apple Dumpling Gang and a few others from my childhood and have been watching them when I have free time. They are still great, thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun? I watched Blackbeard's Ghost too. I loved it growing up so I had to have it as an adult.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like an absolutely HEAVENLY weekend, Lesley! I'm so jealous!! I may need to borrow this idea...soon. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead :) I needed to recharge after the prior weekend and what better way than just be? I got my workouts in so the movies were a treat.

      Delete
  7. Would you believe I've never seen the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice? I always meant to and have always liked Colin Firth. That's for reminding me! Congrats on two strong runs this week. Sleeping in both days sounds like heaven. Thanks for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin Firth is THE best Mr. Darcy. I haven't seen any other production that compares.

      Delete
  8. I have to admit i've never seen Pride and prejudice?
    Congrats on the runs this week! Tinkerbell weekend will be here before ya know it and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy isn't it? My 5k is almost here and I signed up in the spring. Now next spring will be here before I know it.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a relaxing weekend! My cat runs the roost here. The first thing I do when I get out of bed in the morning and when I get home in the evening is feed her. On the weekends, I get up and feed her then crawl back in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents' cats run the roost there. I'm lucky that Allie grazes, but if she eats all her food, I do crawl in and out of bed to give her enough food to make her happy.

      Delete