Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Marathon Season

What could be a better reminder of fall than all the news coming out about fall events?  The NYC men's elite field was announced Sunday and Meb's running; Boston opened its registration process yesterday (anyone registering for next year?), the 5th Avenue Mile was completed this weekend, and the American field was announced for Chicago.  All that and the Olympic marathon trials is next February.  Whew, right?


It is difficult to think of fall stuff because fall hasn't hit Dallas yet.  We're getting hints of it, but the pattern we're in is it starts to feel like fall, then warms up, we get thunderstorms, then the temps drop again.  I have no idea what to expect for my 5k next month, but I'm prepping for a lot.  I need to buy a hand-held water bottle because there's only one water stop on the 5k course.  If it's a warm morning, one stop won't be enough for me, so I need to bring extra hydration.  I think a stop at my LRS is in order this weekend or next.

Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika. 

8 comments:

  1. I am totally mixed this year with fall marathon season. I wanted to be a part of it so badly that I almost completely sold my heart into believing a few months back that I would be, now that I wont. It's kinda killing me, I mean not really and I am thrilled for all my friends out racing or getting ready to race, I will cheer and support them, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was hard to do and watch!
    I hope you get fall soon. I think we might of had our last 90+ degree day on Sunday, and I think over the next month things are going to begin their cool off:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tough to see races and read about them when you can't partake. I'm still nervous about my 5k since it's my first race in over 2 years.

      Delete
  2. yes! marathon season is here and i'm excited! hoping our cooler weather sticks and that you get some of your own soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in an in-between season where it's still warm but we're getting hints of fall. I hope at least the harsh summer weather is done for the year.

      Delete
  3. My friend just qualified for Boston at the Erie marathon this wkend. I am so proud of him. Goodluck in your 5k this wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that Meb is running NYC! I get to register next week for Boston, fingers crossed that I'm fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck registering! I can't wait to watch NYC again this year. I'm happy it's on TV, even if it does have commercials.

      Delete