It's finally Friday, which means when I get off work today, it'll be a 3-day weekend. Anybody else feeling like this?
I do. Why does this week feel so so so slow?
Today's Friday Five is fall races, but I only have two on schedule, and I've done my distance for the first one.
1) Virtual challenge with Run the Edge. I did 3.25 miles Wednesday, which means my 5k distance for the challenge is done. So soon? Don't worry, I'll be running more, but this month is a little sporadic. Next week I see my chiro, which is a must, and I lose a Saturday for a cert exam.
2) The Showdown 5k. This is the morning of the UT/OU game, and I'll be sporting my Babson gear loud and proud. There's no football team at Babson and given the spate of ridiculous hypocrisy and special standards, I hope Babson never does. Undefeated since 1919.
Bucket List races:
3) I still have the Big Sur half on Monterey Bay on my bucket list. There is no way I'm rushing in to the race so it's there if I can do it, whenever that may be. I watched the Big Blue special on PBS this week, all about the animals coming to Monterey Bay and it makes want to be in Monterey sooooooo much.
4) Halloween races are so much fun because you can dress up for the race. Most of the time I have fun people watching and for 5k's, what costumes the kids are wearing. The last Halloween race I did, 4 boys were dressed up at Mario and Luigi and friends.
5) Turkey trots. I don't believe in the whole gotta do something to earn my turkey, but it's a great feeling of accomplishment. Get up early and run in the (maybe) crisp morning, before heading back inside to eat myself into a food coma. That's the way Thanksgiving should be.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!