Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy 20th!

Anybody else see this?  The BBC's Pride and Prejudice hit its 20th anniversary!  I love this adaptation, so much so I can't watch movies based on the book.  There's too much going on that the story needs a mini-series to have the length of time to do it justice.


I'll have to watch the DVDs, maybe this weekend, in order to celebrate.  I've had the DVDs for years, and can't get enough of them.  I've read the book, but, I have to admit, I can't get through other Jane Austen books.  I'll chalk that up to knowing Pride and Prejudice so well, from this adaptation.  Of course, the book doesn't mention Darcy's swim in the lake at Pemberley ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Books are always so much better than the movies. I have never read nor seen this movie. I don't think it'd be my cup of tea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is by far and away so much like the book. It's the reason I can read the book.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my gosh, Lesley...I feel so old now - ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! OK, I'm younger than you, but I hit milestones like this and think "20 years?!"

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite version too:)
    20th anniversary???? Umm at the risk of aging myself I am going to pretend I wasn't alive and old enough to love this the first time I saw it years ago when it came out, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when it was first on and I didn't like it. I did like the last part so I went through and watched the VHSes my parents recorded.

      Delete
  4. I did not see this!! 20th anniversary? What! Love loce loce P&P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, 20th?! I saw that Tuesday, I think. The article was talking about THAT scene with Mr. Darcy.

      Delete