Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Get It Done

How is everyone's Tuesday so far?  I could've slept another hour, at least, this morning.  I woke up at 7 every single day this long weekend, and now I'm clamoring for more sleep.  Hey, sleep pattern, get with the program!

Today's topic for TotR is running pet peeves, but I know I've talked about those in a prior post.  Before I get to my post today, this meme plays into pet peeves:


My topic is getting the run done.  I've noticed this summer when I don't want to run but still get myself on the treadmill, I have a really good run.  But I have to get myself to the treadmill.  Maybe I need a change and get outside, but the weather needs to break for that to happen.  We had 100s this weekend with some intense humidity in the mornings, so I was still inside.  The forecast for this weekend looks promising though.

My distance has increased too.  The past couple months I made sure to hit at least 2 miles to build a good base, and now I'm hitting 3 miles with more consistency.  I'm still running slow since my chiro wants me to focus on durability and not speed.  I'm always faster off the treadmill anyway, and I am running at speeds I didn't before (on the treadmill).

Between my workout DVDs, Pilates, Pure Barre and yoga, I can feel myself getting stronger, which means my "long" runs are getting better.  Maybe I will be able to have a good showing for the Tink 10k after all.


Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your running is going well! I know sometimes on the days its tough to get motivated I end up having a really great run. Its important to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how great a run I have when I struggled to start the entire day.

      Delete
  2. Lesley, I'm glad you're trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible; looks like it's going to cool down just a bit here, later this week, and I can't wait! The treadmill is amazing right now - ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the rain this morning which SHOULD bring cooler temps. I'll take high 80s over high 90s.

      Delete
  3. I am glad things are going well for you. I have no don't you will be tearing up the Tink 10K next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. That's the argument that convinced me to sign up. I'm doing well and the race is in May.

      Delete
  4. That's great Lesley! I think you'll be moving your runs outdoors pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I use the treadmill a lot so I don't hate it, but getting outside would be really nice.

      Delete
  5. I agree getting the run done, is one of the most important things for consistent training!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, just get it done. I don't have any speed goals, just get out there and do it.

      Delete