Friday, September 25, 2015

Fun in the Fall

It's now officially fall and there are always a number of activities that are fall-based or simply start up in the fall.


1) The Texas State Fair starts today.  Confession time, I haven't been to the state fair, and I've been in Dallas since early 2009.  This'll be my 7th state fair and I haven't made my way down yet.  There's always that one day to avoid the state fair, and that is Oct. 10.  That's the OU/UT game, so either go during the game and leave before the game ends, or go a different day.

2) Fall races are starting to come fast and furious.  My 5k is Oct. 10, but races started up again this month and will keep going until it's too hot again, next year.

3) Hockey season starts too.  The Allen Americans start their season at home on Oct. 16, and I've not only been counting down to that game, but I've been counting down to when the NHL starts.  The Red Wings start their season Oct. 9.

4) Apple cider donuts are a must.  I may not be picking apples in Massachusetts anymore, but I can get the mix to bake them.  Which may be healthier than frying them, and I got a tip on how to make them into donut holes :-)

5) Halloween!!  I have fall decorations out at work but come Oct. 1, I will have Halloween decorations out too.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

8 comments:

  1. There is a fair that comes to our area every yr that's pretty big and I haven't been to it in years. It's expensive. Until you pay to park and then the admission to get it then all the money you spend on food while you're there. It just isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can take the train down, but I haven't been a fair person since I was a kid.

      Delete
  2. I am SOOOOOO excited for fall, I can't even stand it! My Halloween decorations are out, I'm eating/drinking pumpkin-flavored things like it's my job, and I am SO pumped for running in cooler temps!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm holding off on decorations, but I listen to my Halloween mix year round.

      Delete
  3. Never got to the TX state fair (my husband doesn't like crowds) but we went to the rodeo a time or two.

    I can remember being dragged around the NY State fair on a godawful hot day (like TX hot) many, many years ago. Not fond memories.

    But I do have fond memories of apple picking with my family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's part of it. The state fair is late-September to mid October and it's not fall weather, unless with get a cold front.

      Delete
  4. fall weather = the best! i need to get some fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast looks promising, and the last couple of mornings have been cool. I can't wait to get the windows open.

      Delete