Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TOTR: Sports Bras

Nothing is more important than a good pair of shoes, and a good running bra.  My running bras aren't complex because I'm not gifted in that department, but they still have to be supportive.  Gone are the days where I would have cotton sports bras and use those through high school AND college.


My personal favorite is the Zensah seamless running sports bra.  It's the same type I used in school, but it's not a uni-bra build.  It's also simple in terms of size: s, m or l.  It's frustrating to see A/B cups or C/D cups, etc and then have s, m or l with those sizes.  How am I supposed to know what will work?

I will admit I don't buy into the whole "replace after one year" mantra.  I have enough sports bras that I don't feel I need to do that, and I treat them right.  I have a bra bag for laundry and it's amazing how much I can stuff in there.  Sports bras and Running Skirts get washed in that and hung up to dry. 

They also don't chafe, which is great.  I have to break in other brands, even though they're the same style and size, but I can put Zensahs on and not worry about any grace period.  I can go for a run and stay in the bra for a while afterwards (I know, ew, but I've done that). 

What are some of y'all's favorites?


Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika.

12 comments:

  1. I'll have to try Zensahs. Looks comfortable! My new favorite is the Champion Show-Off. It's also a S/M/L/XL size. I like that better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Zensahs because they're not complicated and they're really comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I don't replace mine every year either. I just wear them until I feel like they are no longer doing a good job. I buy champion sports bras from target, and they work great for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I needed to upgrade from Target bras when I got serious about this, but I won't spend $70, $80 on a bra.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of that brand! Definitely will have to try it out. I love Target's sports bras, but I think I may have to get better quality bras soon since I'm getting older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore their calf sleeves first, then saw they offered sports bras. Since I love their calf sleeves I thought I'd give their bras a try.

      Delete
  4. I don't replace my sports bras every year. Same as Lisa, I just wear them until they feel like they aren't supportive anymore - and even then, I'll still wear them for things like yoga. I have learned that I like sports bras with front or back hooks for easy removal, and I like the non-uniboob designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also rotate the older ones to less impact activities like yoga. I have found though I need the support during Pure Barre.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this brand. I prefer bras that are sized S, M, L too...I am definitely a size small! I am SUPER cheap and probably pay too little for my sports bras to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I wear their S/M size and it's perfect. I can't get some bras over my head but they're easy to get on and still keep everything in place.

      Delete
  6. I like the Skirts Sports ones, but I haven't tried many good bras - I still have a lot of my cheap ones from Kohls. I'm slowly phasing them out as they wear out. And I don't follow the one year rule either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got good bras when I started. My cheap ones were showing their age and I knew cotton wasn't a good choice.

      Delete