Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thinking Out Loud 8/27

Please get me to the weekend!  I have two days left, two days to recharge and tackle the last day of year end.  Then it's making sure month-end closes and then the expenses between the cutoff for month end and up to year-end.  That outta be fun.


I'm so ready for fall, and I might start getting cranky since we still have at least a month to go before it starts feeling like fall.  I have always love fall, and it's difficult since it's delayed here in Texas.  Late September should be crisp and cool, but that's not happening here.  We had a taste of cooler weather one day last week when rain came through, but then the furnace came back on.  I had a scare yesterday when I got home because it felt humid in the apartment, but the AC unit was still blowing cool air.  Maybe it was just me, and I know it was me when I got back after running.

*****

Next week is the summer finale of Rizzoli and Isles :(  I really love that show and I hate that it goes on such a long hiatus between seasons.  Maybe I should start collecting the seasons?  But I'm stuck on collecting NCIS, and I need to get season 6.  I need to hold off though till next month.  Season 6 is $10 on Amazon and season 7 is $13.  Ummm, OK.  I don't need to wait until Christmas!


*****

Don't you just hate when you're ready for bed and all of a sudden you get a second wind?  That happened last night as I was rereading an old book.  I was unwinding, getting ready for bed, then I got another shot of energy.  Really?  I listened to music for a little bit before calling it a night, then it took me a while to fall asleep.  I need my sleep this week, I can feel the stress at work.


Thinking Out Loud with Running with Spoons.

4 comments:

  1. I've never watched Rizzoli and Isles, but I have read some of Tess Gerritsen's books on which the characters are based! The books are really, really good. I hear that the characters are different in the novels than in the TV show, though.

    Good luck with your close!!! I'll be toiling through the similar monthly routine next week in the office, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the books but I do enjoy the TV show. I like strong female characters and Jane and Maura are exactly that.

      Delete
  2. I was going to say that it's already starting to feel a lot like fall, buuuuuut I guess it's a little different for you guys down in Texas. If it makes you feel any better, we only get a few weeks of true fall before the leaves fall off the trees and it gets all dreary. But it's still my favourite time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have to focus more on Columbus Day than Labor Day for cooler weather. Once we hit October there's a much better chance of fall weather.

      Delete