Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer Highlights

Next week is September, if y'all can believe it.  We've got another month of high temps in Texas before summer starts releasing its grip on us.  Here are some exciting highlights of my summer.

1) Napa.  I'm following many vineyards we visited on Instagram and it's harvest.  Seeing all the pictures from each vineyard makes me want to go back so desperately.


2) Kept building my mileage.  I switched back to Asics when I returned from Napa and it's like a switch was thrown.  I hit 5k and have been able to consistently hit that distance, not to mention going beyond 3.1 miles.

3) Decorated my living room.  I'm in my third apartment and I finally decorated.


4) Started and finished Penny Dreadful.  The Showtime seasons aren't that long but my friends and I started the second season and finished it a couple weeks ago.

5) Got up to RMNP for some vacation and hiking.  My parents live up there so it's easy to head to CO when it's too hot in Texas.  I chose the perfect time for it too, but that also means I have to come back to those temps.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vinyards! We've got nothing like that here in Chicago but I did see plenty in Europe over the summer. I too switched to Asics recently after many years in Mizuno. So far so good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Brooks when Asics changed the model I wore and it wasn't a good fit. Brooks was nice but never felt quite right.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good summer! I definitely want to go back to Napa sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good so far, much better than last summer.

      Delete
  3. I have got to check out Penny Dreadful... I keep hearing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good show, especially if you like books like Dracula and Frankenstein.

      Delete
  4. I love the little mural on your wall! I want to do one of those but am trying to wait until we are *hopefully* in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me 3 apartments to do something, and it definitely adds some fun to the walls.

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous of your Napa trip! Its been a couple of years since we went and I'm dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to go back and it's only been a couple months. There's so much to do in Napa and I know we barely scratched the surface.

      Delete