Thursday, August 13, 2015

My Next Adventure

I'm usually a careful planning, cautious, certainly not spur of the moment person.  So what did I do Tuesday?


Da daaaaaa!  I signed up for the Tinker Bell 10k!

Last month I saw rD tweets about early registration, so Tink's registration date was now on my radar.  I know, I know, I haven't done a 5k road race yet, but everything is feeling good at this point, I've gotten encouragement from my chiropractor, and I'm doing 5k on the treadmill more consistently.  Trust me, I spent many moments since seeing that tweet trying to talk myself out of it.  Then I had a plan.  I wouldn't sign up right away.  I'd let the barrage calm down and then see where the race stood in sell out capacity.


90% sold.  Oy!  That didn't help my decision.  If it was sold out, problem solved, try again next year.  But the only race to sell out was the kids' races.  Really Universe?  You couldn't help me out?

So I thought about it for about 3.5 hours after registration opened and I decided to go for it.  I'm always backing out of ideas like this but my mind wouldn't let me this time around.  Not to mention I had quite a day Tuesday (seriously, there isn't a full moon???) so I was already in a "screw it!" mood.

Of course, the 10k was sold out by late Wednesday morning, but I don't regret my decision.

I'm still just focused on my 5k's coming up, but after that I need a plan to slowly and safely build my way back to 6.2 miles.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those races sell out fast! Good luck with training and can't wait to see your recaps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, but I think the move has taken away some demand for Tink.

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you got in! I wonder if they have Pandora swag, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard, but the expo should be fun.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on signing up. Good for to u! It will give you a goal to work towards. I can't believe it was not sold out before the 3 and half hrs you contemplated it. Guess it's meant to be that you were still able to sign up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought for sure it would be, then I wouldn't have to make a decision. I know the Disney 10k's have been extremely popular.

      Delete
  4. Yay for signing up! runDisney races are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and it'll be my first one at Disneyland.

      Delete
  5. I am a little behind on catching up on blogs from this past week, but I was excited when I saw this one.
    That is awesome, maybe the universe just wants you to run:)
    You'll get up to that 10k, and you're going to have a blast at the Disney race! Congrats on your upcoming new race adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to talk myself out of it every time but I couldn't resist in the end. Every time I tried, I always had a positive point to counter with.

      Delete