Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Musings 8/31

Tomorrow is September!  I know Texas still has another month of high temps, but September does mean fall is coming.  I suppose it has been fall at craft stores, so maybe I should head over to see what they've got for Halloween.  Or Christmas.  The Disney store has their Sketchbook ornament collection ready to go.

This past week I had some success but then crashed and burned Saturday and Sunday.  When I sleep in as I did, on both days, I know my body needs the sleep.  We made it through year end since all purchases now are on fiscal year 2016, but we had to get to that deadline on Friday.  I was beat every single day when I got home.  Friday I unwound at Top Golf, but I'm sticking to my day job.  I hadn't hit a golf ball for 20 years (besides mini golf), and my form was horrible.  It was the same as the 10-year-old girl in the bay next to us.


Saturday was uneventful as I slept in, got my run in, and studied some more for my cert exam.  It's mid-September, so it'll be here before I know it.  Saturday was Pho was friends and movies.  Fun fact, one of our Cinemarks is participating in the Disney movies, and this coming weekend is the original Love Bug.  I know, I know, my parents have the DVD, but there's something about a big screen showing.

Sunday I went to a Pure Barre studio that's closer to my apartment.  The studio I was going to had an early morning Sunday class, but got rid of it.  Now there's no point in me going to a studio farther away when I've got a studio close by.  I got a good workout in, if my post-workout waddle was any indication.  I did the Pure Barre but you'd think Allie was the one who did the workout.  She slept like this most of the afternoon.


The Weekly Wrap with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
 
*****

Monday: rest

Tuesday: Glutes and core

Wednesday: 3.5 miles

Thursday: build-your-own yoga routine (work in progress)

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

Sunday: Pure Barre

11 comments:

  1. Good job listening to your body and catching up on sleep! When I sleep more than usual I also assume that I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good too. If I'm up early, I tend to take a nap during the afternoon. I feel like I've accomplished something when I don't have to nap.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute cat!!! Look at that mileage 3.5 I am just so happy for you since you made it through that long injury, you'll do great in your upcoming races you signed up for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I push the distance when my knee's feeling good.

      Delete
  3. I never set an alarm. I figure if I do oversleep, my body needed that more than anything else. My husband is a huge golfer. I just take chunks out of the Earth. It's not pretty. Congrats on the 3.5 miles! I remember the original Love Bug but I haven't seen it in forever. Thanks for linking up with us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stick with mini golf because I'm not swinging the club and taking chunks out of the ground.

      Delete
  4. I know exactly where ya coming from with the weather ours is whatever yall had lol. It'll still be awhile before it gets cool here but at least the nights may start to reflect fall. Sleep is something I must have unlike my husband who can function on 6 hours. :( I wish we had a gym that offers pure Barre it does sound awesome. Appreciate you for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can feel a cool factor in the breeze, but the temps are still hitting the 90s.

      Delete
  5. I know exactly where ya coming from with the weather ours is whatever yall had lol. It'll still be awhile before it gets cool here but at least the nights may start to reflect fall. Sleep is something I must have unlike my husband who can function on 6 hours. :( I wish we had a gym that offers pure Barre it does sound awesome. Appreciate you for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies. I actually prefer getting up early and taking a nap if needed. But I don't like to sleep late anymore. I feel I have missed out on the day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally do that. I like to get stuff done early on the weekends and then around 2 I need a nap.

      Delete